Silverado Ss L92 H/c

detjoe

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not to bring up a dead thread or post, but curriuos to how detjoe's truck was running, i am looking to go this way with my lq9 also with l92 heads and l92 truck intake, any info you can give me detjoe would be much appreciated..

p.s. this is with the stock bore correct?

also your truck sounds awesome!!!!

Edited by skeet (see edit history)

Any more info on track times or h.p. gains?

No track times yet. I will be @ Zippy's july 18th getting some :)

gains...it pulls so hard that its hard to get the RPM's up to see, but the little launch I did the other day made a C6 turn off the road :devil:

the headers make it sound like a monster.

not to bring up a dead thread or post, but curriuos to how detjoe's truck was running, i am looking to go this way with my lq9 also with l92 heads and l92 truck intake, any info you can give me detjoe would be much appreciated..

p.s. this is with the stock bore correct?

also your truck sounds awesome!!!!

I hope this post is not dead...I want more people to see it, b/c unless you know what you are looking at its really not much to write home about :)

yep this is on the stock 6.0L, 4.0" bore.

the X-link is a real nice piece to save you a headach.

GM head bolts and gaskets are good.

I would consider bumping the compression and checking your PTV and running a custome cam with .600 lift but my budget did not allow that.

I want to get the times up and some of my costs and post the final results section of this build. a vid @ the track is needed.

No track times yet. I will be @ Zippy's july 18th getting some :)

gains...it pulls so hard that its hard to get the RPM's up to see, but the little launch I did the other day made a C6 turn off the road :devil:

the headers make it sound like a monster.

I hope this post is not dead...I want more people to see it, b/c unless you know what you are looking at its really not much to write home about :)

yep this is on the stock 6.0L, 4.0" bore.

the X-link is a real nice piece to save you a headach.

GM head bolts and gaskets are good.

I would consider bumping the compression and checking your PTV and running a custome cam with .600 lift but my budget did not allow that.

I want to get the times up and some of my costs and post the final results section of this build. a vid @ the track is needed.

cool thanks for the reply, i myself hope the post doesnt die out niether, just now getting started with this build, cam i am looking at is undecided but got some good feed back elsewhere, where ya find the X link, fixing to start getting parts together, also i'll be looking for the L92 intake, once again thanks for the follow up, cant waite to see ya numbers!!!

ok nevermind on the X link hoping to beable to use cable driven throttlebody

Edited by skeet (see edit history)

cool thanks for the reply, i myself hope the post doesnt die out niether, just now getting started with this build, cam i am looking at is undecided but got some good feed back elsewhere, where ya find the X link, fixing to start getting parts together, also i'll be looking for the L92 intake, once again thanks for the follow up, cant waite to see ya numbers!!!

ok nevermind on the X link hoping to beable to use cable driven throttlebody

I might have a l92 intake for sale in about 1 week and torque rush sells the x-link for $210.00 Ialso went with l92 setup but decided to go supercharged instead of n/a so I will haave some stuff for sale let me know if you are interested.

I might have a l92 intake for sale in about 1 week and torque rush sells the x-link for $210.00 Ialso went with l92 setup but decided to go supercharged instead of n/a so I will haave some stuff for sale let me know if you are interested.

let me know if you decide to sell it, this is the truck intake right? i am in the market now for one but can hold off for a bit ( a week lol) if need be... wanna beable to use my cable throttle body which is a 90mm

Joe,thanks again for the write up i too am looking to follow in your footsteps with the project build.What i want is a little more power, not to be the fastest guy but hold my own and still have a respectable driver without throwing tons of cash at the truck i do have other projects to start. :cheers:

BTW what do you predict your 1/4 mile times and h.p. to be?

Edited by kissfans03ss (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

sorry but the weather killed my times @ ZIppy's.

my best was 14.8

but my converter is failing and we hope to get some better results after I RR my trans and torque converter.

results to come

I am real pissed that I put all this work into running slower, I could have saved a bit more and went SC....but after seeing the power of that GTO, I want a turbo...

Edited by detjoe (see edit history)

sorry but the weather killed my times @ ZIppy's.

my best was 14.8

but my converter is failing and we hope to get some better results after I RR my trans and torque converter.

results to come

I am real pissed that I put all this work into running slower, I could have saved a bit more and went SC....but after seeing the power of that GTO, I want a turbo...

I know your feeling. I dyno'd about 60hp over stock that morning and also ran a 14.8 due to the weather.

• 3 weeks later...
I know your feeling. I dyno'd about 60hp over stock that morning and also ran a 14.8 due to the weather.

well i ordered the intake today, the heads will be ordered also today with the cam..

i dynoed my set up a couple of fridays ago, put down 402 and 363 with an unlocked converter, hoping this combo with the help of a cam selector will get me around 450ish or better..

i been checking this thread out and yet to see anytimes from detjoe unless i missed them, anyway i decided to go for it and find out myself..

the setup i have now is:

lq9 6.0

vic jr intake = maybe robbing some hp or low end torque

90mm tb

42 lb injector

dynatech long tubes = catless

5.3 706 casting stage 2 heads from patriot

3800 stall converter

4l60E = performabuilt

if i gain 35-45 over what i have then i would be very well pleased.

• 2 weeks later...