2004 Limited Production 2WD

SS4EVER

I've got 3629 miles on mine. We finally got a cold snap of weather down here in LA and it really woke this engine up. Nothing like a little CIA from mother nature. The extra horses from the cool air allows me to actually chirp second when I can get the RPM's up from taking off in a good burn :driving:

Chicago is a little too far for me to accept RT's "challenge" :yellow_loser: and I haven't had the pleasure of crossing the path of one since I purchased my VHO in May. If I do I'll post the results.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I decided to "mark" my territory (black marks on the road at end of my driveway). Don't know what I did right, but there are two beautiful marks for a nice distance then a break (shift) and two more marks for quite a distance again! Really looks impressive, even more impressive when you find out an extended cab truck with 20's did it! Cold weather did make a difference. :driving:

I talked to my dealer today about the door badges that was not on my GMC VHO and he said he would look into it for me.He called me back in less than a hour and he found them and is putting them in the mail to me today.He said they did not come in until after I had bought my truck.Anyway I should have them next week! :D

I talked to my dealer today about the door badges that was not on my GMC VHO and he said he would look into it for me.He called me back in less than a hour and he found them and is putting them in the mail to me today.He said they did not come in until after I had bought my truck.Anyway I should have them next week! :D

You are a lucky, lucky man. Sounds like a pretty straight up sales dude though!

My friend has a Silver Birch Chevy with the badges and they really look good (and subtle) on that color. They really stand out on my white truck, but I like it.

• 2 weeks later...

:chevy:

Hey all you fans of the 345hp 4x2 "VHO" trucks, what did you pay for your rides? I'm looking at trading my 2001 GMC SLT Ext'd cab SWB 4X2 with 5.3L and only 39,123 miles for a new 2004 GMC SLT VHO with evrything but the trailer package. The window sticker is like $36,293 and they will sell for $27,699 and give me $13,500 for mine. I told them that I needed another $1,500 some how in the deal and I might "bite the bullet" and become a VHO truck man.... Whats are your opinions on this deal? I have hoped that some of you guys/gals would share what you paid for your VHO's LS/SLE & LT/SLT ? I like the way these SS Silverado owners have shared this infomation for their brethern? :flag:

Thanks in advance,

Jon R.

TX

Door badges are on the truck!

I like the way they look. :D

Door badges are on the truck!

I like the way they look. :D

hey i got my badges today also my dealer took two weeks to find them and said they would be 45.00 but i told them they should have been on the truck when i got it so they gave them to me they look good by the way the info i got off the package is morgan design group www.mdgglobal.com/main phone #630-852-2600 e-mail orders [email protected] part# 010804b-2 :chevy:

• 3 weeks later...

:cheers:

He all you VHO truckster's!! The local Chevy dealer here now has the factory door emblems in 2-packs behind their parts counter for retail sell!!! The name of the dealer is Herb Easly Chevrolet their phone # is 1-940-723-6631 just ask for Terry (man) in the parts dept. I passed this along just in case you or a friend still needs these VHO badges.....

:flag:

Jon Rice

TX

• 1 month later...

I own one of the 2004 GMC -- Vortec High Output trucks in charcoal gray. I like it a lot -- it is FAST and handles like a sports car. The only think that I wish it had was a 6 speed transmission. And the badges were already on mine when I bought it in May 2004.

Bought at Don Davis in Lake Jackson, TX.

Archived