2004 Limited Production 2WD

SS4EVER

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have one of these trucks and it's awesome. It's metallic grey with grey cloth interior and the badges are all regular 1500 stuff. There isn't any 6.0 Vortec stickers on it at all. According to my dealer, he said there was only 5 in the state of California (all ordered by him!) and I got the 5th one. Maybe he's wrong though. I drove a 2004 SS first and I think this thing is faster and handles better. It should be but I have a 3.73 rear end to the 4.10's on the SS so I could be wrong. One big problem is finding parts for this thing. It's becoming a real pain. I can't get an exhaust because nobody knows if it's for an SS or a regular 1500 with a 6.0L. I don't know what the difference is back there between the two but that's what their telling me. Also, I guess I'm getting the 15953 Volant airbox but the regular 1500 air ram because I don't have the front air dam. I'm also thinking of getting the Superchips programmer but I'm worried that it might screw something up. Apparently someone bought another kind and it locked up the truck. It cost the guy $1000 to get it fixed! A little scary if you ask me.

One big problem is finding parts for this thing.  It's becoming a real pain.  I can't get an exhaust because nobody knows if it's for an SS or a regular 1500 with a 6.0L.  I don't know what the difference is back there between the two but that's what their telling me. 

I put the B&B dual in dual out on mine. The pipes exit on the side. The part number was for a 03-04 SS. The exhaust on the HO trucks is the same as the SS but, we did not get the chrome tip the SS trucks did. Most of the part numbers for the SS will work on the HO trucks. We have the same running gear but, do not have the AWD or 4.10 gears the SS gets.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the vho, mine came fully loaded but it didn't come with badges. I was wondering has anybody taken the chevy bowtie off the wheels? if you have how did youdo it, I jsut think it makes the chrome look like crap. thanks, also magnaflow makes a good muffler for these truck dual in and dual out with x pipes built in with 18-22 inch casings.

Archived