2004 Limited Production 2WD

SS4EVER

i've been asking some of my buddies this for a bit, when are we going to be allowed to order them. i check autobook regularly and haven't seen that option listed yet for the 05's.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As soon as I get the BOM (Build of Materials) for the Pilot Trucks we are going to run I will let you know what the part number is. It is not in the system yet.

:chevy:

not sure if you were responding to mine or not, sorry. i have been trying to order the truck. the sales manager lets me build a few for the lot. :D

I will be short because I dont own a SS just a little 5.3 + 150 shot but a few buddies have SC/n20 SS's and IM researching some stuff for them and I came acrss this---

Red River Chevrolet in Bossier City,LA has quite a few of these BV4 truck witht he VHO badges on them so anyone who wants one in this area might want to give them a call or make the trip!

Yes Zippy, I was answering you. When I get the BOM for the Pilot vehicles that the Plant will build in November I will get you the part number for the badge. I usually get the Build of Material 5 weeks prior to build. :chevy:

Yes Zippy, I was answering you. When I get the BOM for the Pilot vehicles that the Plant will build in November I will get you the part number for the badge. I usually get the Build of Material 5 weeks prior to build. :chevy:

cool, thanx for the info. i get confused at times. :D:confused::D

IMO, the badge is boring. I pulled mine off and stuck them on a piece of wax paper. I'll probably reapply them if I ever sell the truck.

The badge reads "Vortec", with the words "High Output" in teeny tiny letters under it. What's so special about that? Even the 4.3 litre is a "Vortec". GM should have designed a badge that would say a little more about what's going on inside the vehicle. Kinda like "SS" pretty much tells what's going on inside of the Silverado SS. I think it should have been something like this.

New%20Badge1.JPG

Then again, JMO :cheers:

anyone figure out the best billet grille to put on the chevy vho?

i have the chevy silver birch vho like on page 4 of this thread. :cheers:

i'm also looking into a chip to firm up shift points, cold air intake options, and maybe some MTI heads.

anyone done anything yet?

:seeya:

What's the name brand and is it functional ram air?

Yes it is a fully functional ram air hood. I can notice the difference at about 50-60 mph especially WOT. The Chevy dealership put it on for me, but here's a link for the hood:

http://www.carhoods.com/GoodHoods/GHG-117.htm

I've seen them on ebay at a pretty good price also.

Thanks for the compliment.

Archived