2004 Limited Production 2WD

SS4EVER

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just purchased a 04 silverado ext cab 4x2  B4v pkg. 20" chrome wheels 6.0  645hp, sportsuspension. But it does not have the high output badges on it. Would this be a "Texas Truck"? And what is the best way to lower it? I Called belltech and they said they offer nothing.

Nice Truck, especially the color :cool: If your looking for a mild drop, like 1/2" to 1", here are some inexpensive means.

The rear can be lowered with longer shackles without any compromise to ride quality.

The front suspension is torsion-bar and can be lowered by adjusting the cam bolts at the rear of the bars. You're ride quality will be effected in this application because the "front jounce bumpers" are already making contact in the factory suspension configuration. It is also necessary to have your front wheels aligned with torsion bar adjustments greater than 1/2" in either direction.

I don't have any suggestions for an extreme drop

I just purchased a 04 silverado ext cab 4x2 B4v pkg. 20" chrome wheels 6.0 645hp, sportsuspension. But it does not have the high output badges on it. Would this be a "Texas Truck"? And what is the best way to lower it? I Called belltech and they said they offer nothing.

645hp? that's a real high output package....

as for lowering it, i'd contact mcgaughty's.

I just purchased a 04 silverado ext cab 4x2  B4v pkg. 20" chrome wheels 6.0  645hp, sportsuspension. But it does not have the high output badges on it. Would this be a "Texas Truck"? And what is the best way to lower it? I Called belltech and they said they offer nothing.

Yeah....where can I get one of those?

Yeah....where can I get one of those?

hopefully in your driveway soon. :D

hopefully in your driveway soon.

I think my grand kids might see that but I've lost all hope it will be finished in my lifetime. 68296.jpg

For all everyone here knows, it may be there now. :P Of course I would never do anything without posting about it. ;)

I called my dealer back that i purchased my "Texas Truck" from and asked about the "Vortec High Output" Badging. He called GM and they had them in stock and should be here in a week or two. So if you do not have the badging call youre dealer! I will post the part # as soon as i get mine

The part number is not a "GM" part number but here it is:

Part # 010804B-2.

That will get you the badge.

Now, I can report that this is fixed for the 2005 model which we will run trials on in November. The badge will come to the Dealer in the "Dealer Pack". This is a package of parts that the Assembly Plant puts together and seals in a plastic bag and puts in the back seat. It includes hub caps, floor mats, OnStar antenna, booklets etc.

:chevy:

Archived