Stock 04 vs 03 Lightning

Lefty

I was driving hme yesterday when some young kid in an 03 lightning rolled up next to me at a light. I hear this vroom, vroom...and never looked. As the light gets closer to changing I hear him hitting on it pretty good...

Long story short...the stretch to the next light is about a 1/2 mile.

I let off at 85, three or four trucks ahead of him.

At the next light he asked what I've modified to get that kind of jump...

My response "Sorry, all stock here. Must suck to have a supercharged Ford lose to a stock Chevy."

He got pissed, "bet you won't do that twice!"

He was right, once was enough! :D Poor sucker didn't see the cop turn in behind us, he roasted them off the line...as I drove by the cop was already out of his vehicle and appraoching. I just beeped and waved as I passed. :lol:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its hard for me to believe that you beat a lightning with your stock ss. Especially in a 1/2 mile race and by 3-4 truck lengths? :nonod: Even if he was a crappy driver he still should have pulled on you pretty hard after the launch.

I really don't think he knew how to drive it at all. He did a burn at both lights. I think he was out joy riding in daddy's truck and wasn't on it like he could've been. That's why I didn't call it a kill! I just though it was funny. :D

I think is possible!! I know a guy with an 03 L. He can get that thing out of the whole, He already hit the guard rails once running in wet pavement!! The L got 5K and he is already in his 2nd set of tires in need of new ones. :lol: I call him "SMOKY"

:cheers:

:seeya:

ok guys this may be possible if the kid was a terrible driver.. 1 he did not launch...2 he smoked em for a while...3 It was only a 1/4 mile... 4 lightnings are only about 1.25 seconds faster... 5 I have seen a STI beat a Z06 on video.. Stranger things have happened i am sure.. :thumbs:

I am still skeptyical :wtf:

Yeah man maybe he was still burning out while you took off then hit the gas when you were like 8 lengths a head, and was a crappy driver. Oh and about the sti beating a Z06, I bet it was a stock Zo6 and the Sti was heavily modded.

Archived