Stock 04 vs 03 Lightning

Lefty

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this is going to sound like a load of shit...but here it goes.

Yeah, well...I was had. I was at Fred Meyer last night and the same kid pulled into the spot next to me. He told me he got a $85 ticket from the cop for drag racing and that my ticket was in the mail. (too bad I still have a paper plate up in my blacked rear window).

He wanted to know more about the SS. So we talked for a while. Come to find out, his truck is a stock '03 reg cab with aftermarket ground effects and svt emblems made to look like a Lightning. :sigh: I was a little pissed, but then just chuckled about it afterwards.

It wasn't my intention to mislead anyone, I thought it was a lighning. :sigh:

Yeah, well...I was had. I was at Fred Meyer last night and the same kid pulled into the spot next to me. He told me he got a $85 ticket from the cop for drag racing and that my ticket was in the mail. (too bad I still have a paper plate up in my blacked rear window).

He wanted to know more about the SS. So we talked for a while. Come to find out, his truck is a stock '03 reg cab with aftermarket ground effects and svt emblems made to look like a Lightning. :sigh: I was a little pissed, but then just chuckled about it afterwards.

It wasn't my intention to mislead anyone, I thought it was a lighning. :sigh:

$85, man you guys get off the hook easy. In california, if you get caught street racing they impound your car and sell it at an auction. This is what I have heard numerous times, anyone now if its entirely true?

Not sure which engine he had...If would guess, I'd say the 5.4. I didn't think to ask him.

Yeah, I'll be waiting for that ticket too :D ... No way the cop be willing to spend the time tracking down a temp tag he couldn't read. It would be too easy for me to contest to be worth his time.

Yeah, well...I was had.  I was at Fred Meyer last night and the same kid pulled into the spot next to me.  He told me he got a $85 ticket from the cop for drag racing and that my ticket was in the mail.  (too bad I still have a paper plate up in my blacked rear window). 

He wanted to know more about the SS.  So we talked for a while.  Come to find out, his truck is a stock '03 reg cab with aftermarket ground effects and svt emblems made to look like a Lightning.  :sigh:  I was a little pissed, but then just chuckled about it afterwards.

It wasn't my intention to mislead anyone, I thought it was a lighning.  :sigh:

$85, man you guys get off the hook easy. In california, if you get caught street racing they impound your car and sell it at an auction. This is what I have heard numerous times, anyone now if its entirely true?

With every death due to street racing the punishment becomes stronger and stronger. It seems to me that there have been three or four innocent bystanders (or drivers) that have been killed when some punk kids (or older) decide to make a public road their raceway. I am all for having fun, but the lack of common sense to decide to race on a busy street and then some car pulls out, well it is just asking for trouble. They just increased the penalties for street racing here in Texas last September.

"HB 1326 automatically suspends for one year the driver license of anyone convicted of illegally racing on a public roadway. Before the license can be reinstated, the driver would have to complete 10 hours of community service. The punishment for illegal racing increases to a Class B misdemeanor. The law also increases the punishment for drivers who are racing drunk, who have open containers of alcohol in the vehicle when racing, who seriously injure or kill someone during the race or who have been convicted multiple times of illegal racing. Those offenses range from a Class A misdemeanor to a second-degree felony."

It is just not worth the risk to me. Be careful out there guys and gals.

Hey guys,

I have a stock SS, that has NOS floor mats and 36" sub woofer, i ran a 6.79 @ 223mph. After i kicked Warren Johnson A$$, he was pissed when I told him it was all stock. :jester:

This is a True STORY :D

Just doing a little Newbie initiation, not all the veterans can have all the fun. :thumbs:

Yeah, well...I was had.  I was at Fred Meyer last night and the same kid pulled into the spot next to me.  He told me he got a $85 ticket from the cop for drag racing and that my ticket was in the mail.  (too bad I still have a paper plate up in my blacked rear window). 

He wanted to know more about the SS.  So we talked for a while.  Come to find out, his truck is a stock '03 reg cab with aftermarket ground effects and svt emblems made to look like a Lightning.   :sigh:   I was a little pissed, but then just chuckled about it afterwards.

It wasn't my intention to mislead anyone, I thought it was a lighning.  :sigh:

With every death due to street racing the punishment becomes stronger and stronger. It seems to me that there have been three or four innocent bystanders (or drivers) that have been killed when some punk kids (or older) decide to make a public road their raceway. I am all for having fun, but the lack of common sense to decide to race on a busy street and then some car pulls out, well it is just asking for trouble. They just increased the penalties for street racing here in Texas last September.

"HB 1326 automatically suspends for one year the driver license of anyone convicted of illegally racing on a public roadway. Before the license can be reinstated, the driver would have to complete 10 hours of community service. The punishment for illegal racing increases to a Class B misdemeanor. The law also increases the punishment for drivers who are racing drunk, who have open containers of alcohol in the vehicle when racing, who seriously injure or kill someone during the race or who have been convicted multiple times of illegal racing. Those offenses range from a Class A misdemeanor to a second-degree felony."

It is just not worth the risk to me. Be careful out there guys and gals.

I think alot more people would resolve to legal drag racing if it wasn't such a damn hassle. Dont get me wrong, I love going to the legal drags, but sometimes people dont feel like waiting 5 hours to get 2 runs in, or driving an hour and a half to drag race.

To me there's two different kinds of street racing, one I think is alright and one is stupid. Street racing on busy streets with cars pulling in front of you etc is plain stupid. I agree with you 100%. Although there are alot of places where your out in the middle of no where, that are safer to race. My opinion is that if im gonna race illegally I have to know for sure that the only people in danger is me and the guy im racing. If I have a feeling anyone else is in jeopardy then I wont do it.

check this out adams...found this for ya...

CHP Street Racing Laws

Thanks prettie. That about sums it up for me. Looks like im done street racing. Atleast in california. :D:jester:

Archived