Stock 04 vs 03 Lightning

Lefty

If you spin the tires real bad in will kick into second early, and then you are done. I think he could be telling a true story. I raced a loud car once and did not realize I was spinning untill it was to late. When I let out it shifted into second and pulled real slow, because it was at such a low RPM. That race he beat me buy a few cars. The next race I killed him by to many to count. Just an FYI

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
$85, man you guys get off the hook easy. In california, if you get caught street racing they impound your car and sell it at an auction. This is what I have heard numerous times, anyone now if its entirely true?

check this out adams...found this for ya...

CHP Street Racing Laws

Thanks prettie. That about sums it up for me. Looks like im done street racing. Atleast in california. :D:jester:

Interesting bit on the CHP thanks

About the bad side of street racing, this happened last night.

That's happened about three times here in Phx in the last year, Wayne. One accident involved a mother and her children who happened to be parked in the wrong place when one of those idiots lost control of his ride at about 90. I hope he spends a LOT of years in jail so he'll have time to think about his decision to race on city streets.

I know this is going to sound like a load of shit...but here it goes.

Yeah, well...I was had. I was at Fred Meyer last night and the same kid pulled into the spot next to me. He told me he got a $85 ticket from the cop for drag racing and that my ticket was in the mail. (too bad I still have a paper plate up in my blacked rear window).

He wanted to know more about the SS. So we talked for a while. Come to find out, his truck is a stock '03 reg cab with aftermarket ground effects and svt emblems made to look like a Lightning. :sigh: I was a little pissed, but then just chuckled about it afterwards.

It wasn't my intention to mislead anyone, I thought it was a lighning. :sigh:

Im not sure which part of your story is skewed here....but I really dont think that is is LEGAL for them to MAIL you a ticket, as I recall the police officer has to verbally tell you what your offense is, why your being pulled over, and what your getting a ticket for...other wise the state cannot give you a ticket/citation.....im not sure about cali's weird laws, but I bet it is the same as here....so if you would, could u post a picture of your ticket when u get it? Id like to see it

Jonathon k.

Actually you can get a ticket in CA w/o ever seeing a cop.

1) Traffic Cameras snap a shot of your plate if you run a red and they trace the DMV record and have the ticket mailed to you w/ a picture of the incident.

2) Same type of cameras on all the express toll roads. If you don't have a transponder for the express lanes they snap a shot of your plate and of you (if you windows aren't too darkly tinted) and you receive it in the mail a couple of days later. I'm speaking from experience here :fume:

I don't think theres a way to get you speeding that way, but Im sure its only a matter of time before that is possible too. ISN'T TECHNOLOGY WONDERFUL?!?! :rolleyes:

Actually you can get a ticket in CA w/o ever seeing a cop.

1) Traffic Cameras snap a shot of your plate if you run a red and they trace the DMV record and have the ticket mailed to you w/ a picture of the incident.

2) Same type of cameras on all the express toll roads. If you don't have a transponder for the express lanes they snap a shot of your plate and of you (if you windows aren't too darkly tinted) and you receive it in the mail a couple of days later. I'm speaking from experience here :fume:

I don't think theres a way to get you speeding that way, but Im sure its only a matter of time before that is possible too. ISN'T TECHNOLOGY WONDERFUL?!?! :rolleyes:

Ok in texas they cannot mail you a ticket from running a red light...for numerous reason, main one being poeple just say they werent driving that car that day a freind was.....but it IS illegal for a ticket to be mailed in texas for a moving violation...

Toll ways are different however, they are not the normal ticket and they are permitted to be mailed, they are a moving violation but do not go on your record, therefor they are allowed to be mailed to you

Jk

Here in Phoenix not only do the intersections have red light cameras, but they have radar guns as well. You don’t even have to be running a red light, just speeding trough a yellow and they ticket ya!

Double whammy!! :sick:

Archived