Cam Swap On A Budget

Fireman31

If you are going to do the oil pump, buy the newer DOD/VVT oil pump being it has larger rotor gears and has a increased volume.

I agree. That pump is the best thing since sliced bread. The volume capacity can't be matched with the smaller pump. When I do my 408 that's the pump I'm going to. I wouldn't recomend the under drive pulley though.

And were can we pick one of these up?

• 2 weeks later...

Just remembered a part of my build that I totally forgot all about. :idiot: My catchcans.com catch can I bought during the group buy last year, so add $65 to my grand total LOL.

Grand total is now....... $1235.00

Stay tuned.......

Just remembered a part of my build that I totally forgot all about. :idiot: My catchcans.com catch can I bought during the group buy last year, so add $65 to my grand total LOL.

Grand total is now....... $1235.00

Stay tuned.......

scatter brains :uhoh::jester:

• 2 weeks later...
So when are we doing this? I'm ready to work on an ss other than my own. I know I will be getting very busy at work in the next few weeks.

Waiting for my kickback from Uncle Sam, then it's ordering time. :D

• 3 weeks later...
sweet i'm doing alot better now so maybe i can make the trip and help u out. my hand is still broken in 3 places so it healed in 4 places so i might be able 2 help

You still have plenty of time to heal Scott, probably not gonna be happening until the summer now. :ninja:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I agree. That pump is the best thing since sliced bread. The volume capacity can't be matched with the smaller pump. When I do my 408 that's the pump I'm going to. I wouldn't recomend the under drive pulley though.

I'm just curious is this the oil pump youre referring to?

http://sdparts.com/details/gm-factory-replacement-parts/12571885