Big Reds Build

kcsilveradoss

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the crib this mornin :shakehead:

Looking like I may be Vehicle-less for the meet now.... ran into a semi-major problem on the car last night....

When you gettin your trans back Shaun?

Got the trans back Monday, you can always drive the cobalt.....

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the trans buttoned up today and driven. All I can say is wow, the difference is defintely noticable. I didn't beat on it too much, but I cannot wait to. With a combination of zippy internals, Sprayed99 converter, and my good friend Tom's build job, this thing should more than serve my purpose. Had enough time to rip the intake off also, was hard to quit, but gettting the evil stare from the wife made it easier. Had time to snap one quick pic.

DSC03965.jpg

the Hurst shifter on the snowblower is Awesome!

The inside of your motor looks so skinny compared to the L's motor where the intercooler sits. The 5.4 L motor is soooo freaking wide!

Good luck with the build man; I'm sure your Silver L inspired some mods on your SS! :P

Have fun at your KC gtg; I'll still be over here....... :(

WELP, as of about 1:30 this morning she was burning gas. Had some issues getting the intake gaskets that fit, some missing pieces/parts, and mounted some things differently than the kit recommends due to missing pieces. Still need to do some plumbing on the heat exchanger to finish up. Also, my friend Ryan swung by and did the wiring up top while we worked underneath. A lot of things have been done in temporary fashion just to get it ready for next week, and will be redone in weeks to come. I never realized how much shit gets crammed into the engine bay with these Radix kits until I installed one, but it will be cleaned up shortly. I just miss driving the damned thing, its been sitting a month. If any of you radix boys did anything different with your setup, or found some way to make it look less cluttered, feel free to chime in. :cheers: