Sinr98 Build Part 1

Cramer

Thanks Earl. This is my first time bending and routing a direct port so I want it to look good. The kit included the stainless hard lines so I decided to use them. I like the look of the solid lines compared to the braided stainless lines, and the braided lines limit you to placement of the lines in my situation.

I also ordered some more lines from Induction Solutions to complete the fuel system from the intake to the fuel cell and for the purge and nitrous. Got BLACK braided stainless Teflon lined hoses with pre made ends on them. They should be here tomm. Also ordered some other goodies.

BTW Earl. I am selling the turbo kit! $2500 for all of it and it's yours. Trying to convince the wife to let me put up a garage ASAP

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Not much of an update on the build for now. I am in the process of persuading the city to allow me to build a garage so I have my own place to work on it when I want and when I can. I am going with a basic garage 26x28 and nothing fancy other than a 200 amp dedicated service so I can use my welders, plasma, and my big compressor in there. Plus we are putting it back on the market either this coming summer or the following spring so I don't want to go all out on something that I won't get out of it. My next house plan has a generous garage and will be how I want it for sure.

Not much of an update on the build for now. I am in the process of persuading the city to allow me to build a garage so I have my own place to work on it when I want and when I can. I am going with a basic garage 26x28 and nothing fancy other than a 200 amp dedicated service so I can use my welders, plasma, and my big compressor in there. Plus we are putting it back on the market either this coming summer or the following spring so I don't want to go all out on something that I won't get out of it. My next house plan has a generous garage and will be how I want it for sure.

"Persuading the city" Do you have floor area ratio issues relating to the lot size? Setback issue? sick build so far btw

Yeah the city doesn't like to give out permits on detached garages over 576sqft. If it were going to be a attached garage then I could do whatever size I wanted. My problem is that I put a 500sqft addition on my house 2yrs ago and never planned on adding a garage to the house since I already purchased property to build a new house on. I sold my other property because we decided the location wasn't right for us. So now I have to wait till next month when the committee for building variances meets to see if I will be allowed to have my garage. I have a double lot in town with less than 20% lot property coverage and plenty of room from my lines.

If this all goes as planned I will start tearing into the truck as soon as I get the garage done.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Man looks like a nice build......wish I would have read this before we chatted tonight. But man some nice fab skills my hat is off to yeah. I'm a do it self kind of guy myself. Took me a couple of weeks when I did my LT1 383. Was pretty anal about making sure it was all done right. Mic'ed every damn thing and wrote it down so if anything went wrong I could go back and look.

But nice truck and ShawnSS where did you get that hood.....I LUV that hood man! You guys are really getting me to think that I'm going to end up doing more than I kind of had plans for.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Patrick!

Yeah one thing leads to another. I just got a call from a guy that wants to buy my whole setup but I'm not sure I want to part with it yet. I will be running a mid 100 nitrous tune, and around 12# boost to start off. Going to see if the stock short block can hold it. I have some info from a person who gave me some ideas on how to get the short block to stay together. Gonna try his "tricks" and see if it does. If not then bigger and better. Talked to Jake about a 80e and he gave me some info on building a stout trans and told me to do it. He didn't try to sell me anything of his and told me what I would need. I can get the parts a little cheaper from here and there, but he will get my business because of how he treated me. Also need to get my t-case apart or get a input/output shaft to my local gear company to get them to make some adapters. I might finish up my intake this week. Just to get out of the house.