Sinr98 Build Part 1

Cramer

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW I picked up a new DD last month just so I can park the truck and work on it. It is a 02 S-10 Crew Cab 4wd etc. Needs some body work but nothing bad. The good is that I have a back up truck that I can drive in the winter and keep the miles off the SS. The bad is that I don't get to drive the SS everyday.

I will be selling my turbo kit and most of the stuff I have accumulated for it soon. I need to make room and plan on making my own turbo set up when that time comes.

• 1 month later...

ohhhh how i want that turbo kit....hmmm

I haven't officially offered it but you are first in line still. Make me an offer on it!

I got the heads finally assembled today, welded in and tapped the bungs in the intake for the direct port, ordered more parts, and still waiting on my cam that was supposed to be here a few weeks ago. Tear down will hopefully begin in two weeks.

Edited by sinr98 (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Some good and bad news on the build. Was planning on starting it last wed. Then a tornado decided to go through my town and hit the hardest in my neighborhood and a few around me. Mostly trees down including a few of mine. Luckly no damage other than some hail to the the roof and my fence was taken down by a few branches.

th_2013-07-10_16-06-26_958.jpg

I had a few hundred dollars of patio pavers on the skids that were launched off when the tree fell on it, and my new wheel barrow couldn't support the weight of the tree... Going to take it back to lowes and see if they will refund it.

th_2013-07-12_10-52-10_940.jpg

th_2013-07-10_16-03-05_690.jpg

Another bad was the SS got hit by a branch. Was getting ready to repair a rust spot over the wheel well so I guess this is a good time to paint the whole bed.

th_2013-07-12_10-55-39_891.jpg

But I did get some more parts I had ordered. My Cam finally came in. It took 10 weeks to get to me! Also got some more of my fuel system and nitrous system stuff, Paint for a project on the intake, and a new shark nitrous nozzle that will replace the one I messed up from threading it into my intake. I have since then welded in bungs for the nozzles so it has more threads engaged. The intake is in primer now and will be painted next week. I also plan on starting the teardown next week that is if no more surprises arise.

th_2013-06-10_22-11-28_269.jpg

th_2013-07-14_18-00-57_311-1.jpg

th_2013-07-14_18-03-46_376-1.jpg

th_2013-06-06_23-21-17_242.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Snapped a shot today after taking my oldest son fishing. First time I drove it in 2 months. My S10 daily driver's fuel pump went out yesterday so I had to put working on tearing down the top end till next week. I HOPE!

th_2013-07-26_20-33-13_94.jpg

Also got my custom made rails fitted to the intake and started tapping the bungs for the direct port. Had to lower the mounting holes of the fuel rail to make the LS3 injectors work to.

th_2013-07-27_00-54-09_611.jpg

th_2013-07-27_00-54-31_165.jpg

The intake will have another special touch soon. Other than the nitrous plumbing and nozzles.

• 2 weeks later...