Sinr98 Build Part 1

Cramer

Just got the rest of my top end parts in. BTR dual spring kit, Manley Race Flo intake valves, LY6 inconel exh valves, rocker trunion upgrade. The heads are at the machine shop waiting on everything. I should be dropping the parts off on thurs morn. My can specs came back from Pat G but it was way bigger than I was looking for. So he is specing me a smaller one. Talked to a few nitrous companies on the spray bars and looks like NX is getting the for on it. Sending it out next week I hope.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

post-17939-136302719208_thumb.jpg

post-17939-136302724348_thumb.jpg

post-17939-136302725485_thumb.jpg

post-17939-136302727817_thumb.jpg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trey said it will take a week or so. I am also having them do a little extra concealment to it so my solenoids will be out of sight for the most part. I am thinking about polishing the whole intake but time will be the factor in that.

FYI if you didn't notice the exhaust valves are from a LY6 motor.They are inconel valves from the factory. The part number on them is 12612427 and they are replacement for the L92 and LS3 heads. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Got my cam speced out. This is on EPS lobes 222/230 .629”/.629” 112 LSA +2.

Going to order it in the next week or so. If anyone has a x-link laying around that wants to sell it let me know. All I need is the cam, lifters, and x-link. Picking up the heads today and port matching the intake to the heads before I send it out for the spray bars.

man our builds are very similar. have you contacted nitrous express yet for a price on having the spray bars installed? which N2O kit are you going with? and whats your process for port matching? my intake is on back order at summit until tomorrow or so they say...

I talked to Trey from NX a few times and told him how I wanted it to be done and my mounting with the solenoids and jet location etc. So my price is going to be different than a standard spray bar set up. I already have a full direct port kit and am using the noids from that for the nitrous. To port match I will find out what is the best way soon. I usually use dy-kem on the port area of each then scribe a line using a straight pick or a pick that has a 180* bend on the end to mark the back side. Depending on how they line up and amount that needs removed determines what tools I use.

Goals...... Not one in particular but I am going to be able to drive it daily and when wanted or needed it will handle its own. I don't care for a top spot on the 1/4 times but it should be a runner.

Got my heads back yesterday. Then decided to start port matching.... That evolved into some smoothing out of the castings. Got one intake side of the intake done and 2/3 of the heads intake done. Waiting on my new cartridge roll kit and longer mandrels. Here you go. And if you can tell by the pics the ports didn't line up very good. Still need to find my cross buffs to finish off the ports.

post-17939-136439158911_thumb.jpg

post-17939-136439160736_thumb.jpg

post-17939-136439162427_thumb.jpg

post-17939-136439164392_thumb.jpg

post-17939-136439165871_thumb.jpg

post-17939-136439167212_thumb.jpg

post-17939-136439171455_thumb.jpg

post-17939-136439175082_thumb.jpg

post-17939-136439177253_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes. Heads have been ported and polished. The exterior of the heads are polished also.

I decided not to have NX do the spray bars. I have been talking with Brian Tooley ( one of if not the best head guys) and Steve Johnson (Induction Solutions) on my set up. Brian provided my springs, push rods, trunion upgrade, lifters, and a ton of walk through on setting up my springs and how and where to port the heads. Took his advice and they are done now other than lapping the valves, new seals and reassemble them.

Then Steve and I discussed the internal spray bar set up. After a few hours on the phone with NX, Dave at Nitrous Outlet, and Steve at Induction Solutions I came to the conclusion that the spray bar idea sucks for this setup. In order for the even dispersion of the nitrous and fuel, the cost to have it done how it should be (By 2 of the 3) far out weighs the benefits of it. I already have the full direct port so they said use it and don't look back. Steve gave me some good ideas on it and helped me set up my stand alone for it. I will be making a custom billet fuel and nitrous rail for each bank, and the hard lines I will bend up and ship them to Danny to flare for me.

Here are some recent pics.

Here is the finished runners, and just prior to finishing up the combustion chamber.

2013-05-11_22-41-47_446.jpg

2013-05-11_22-45-23_118.jpg

2013-05-12_00-24-53_231.jpg

Just some debris from the sanding on the seats.

2013-04-28_00-01-37_747.jpg

And it all started because of this!

The intake to head didn't match up for shit, and I just started out by port matching them......