Silverado 777's Blown 383 Stroker Build

silverado777

It's back with Zippy today. Having some issues with the RPMs fluctuating and the truck dying at parking lot speeds when I let off the gas. Also, it's reading low oil pressure after it I drive it around for a bit. About 21psi at idle, 40 psi crusing at 65-70mph and 60psi under full throttle.

Also, the 80e is killing me lol. First gear red lines at 60mph, second gears red lines at 92mph and third gear takes me into lift off. Due to the gearing the truck is not too much faster than it was before. I figure a set of 4.10 or 4.56 gears would help that out a bit.

Not to mention the converter is a lot looser than it should be. Pretty frustrating considering every converter I have ever owned has been way too loose. I'm so frustrated with converters I'm so tempted to throw a stock one in it.

I'm getting extremely frustrated with this build. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I'm tired of throwing money at it with the hopes that it's what I want.

Edited by Silverado777 (see edit history)

Thanks guys I appreciate it. In the meantime I'm thinking about buy another car as sort of a DD so I can slowly but surely work out the kinks in the truck and get it to where I want it. I'm thinking I want a quick 4 door sedan. I'm going to go look at a Pontiac G8 GT tonight. I test drove a 2012 mustang and an 06 Chrysler 300 SRT8. I think I am stuck between the G8 and the SRT. However considering I am more of a LS guy I think I am leaning more towards the G8 even though it's slower.

Thanks guys I appreciate it. In the meantime I'm thinking about buy another car as sort of a DD so I can slowly but surely work out the kinks in the truck and get it to where I want it. I'm thinking I want a quick 4 door sedan. I'm going to go look at a Pontiac G8 GT tonight. I test drove a 2012 mustang and an 06 Chrysler 300 SRT8. I think I am stuck between the G8 and the SRT. However considering I am more of a LS guy I think I am leaning more towards the G8 even though it's slower.

GO WITH SRT!! thats what i traded in on my truck mine was 06 as well fully loaded navi,kicker system,flip up tv from center console man i LOVED that thing best time was 12.9@115mph 1/4 0-60 in 4.1 the ONLY i say ONLY reason i got rid of it was cuz sum dumb b*t*h hit and ran with no ins. and iowa winters suck we get a 1/4in of snow and u were stayn home calln for rides cuz it couldnt get traction to save its life lol

o btw my srt ate g8s and mustanges for supper here are few pics of mine

IMG-20120111-00117.jpg

IMG-20120111-00119.jpg

IMG-20120111-00118.jpg