Silverado 777's Blown 383 Stroker Build

silverado777

Thats a sweet looking car. I think I landed on the G8 like I said before I am an GM guy and owning a mopar would just be wrong lol. Plus the gas mileage in those things are horrible. As long as everything works out I should be picking it up this weekend. Here is a picture of it.

362182d1341457380-2008-ignition-orange-g8-gt-sale-tons-mods-g8fs2.jpg

Thats a sweet looking car. I think I landed on the G8 like I said before I am an GM guy and owning a mopar would just be wrong lol. Plus the gas mileage in those things are horrible. As long as everything works out I should be picking it up this weekend. Here is a picture of it.

362182d1341457380-2008-ignition-orange-g8-gt-sale-tons-mods-g8fs2.jpg

Hell ya i like that orange shes a beauty...ya gas is a killer on em in IA they add a gas guzzler tax on your regstration...i got 10-13mpg city depending how heavy my foot was and avg 16-19hwy

I know I already want to look into it. Getting rid of the active fuel management and a good tune can get it over 400 hp. But the intent of the car is for a quick DD. If I get the need for some serious power I'll just jump in the truck.

Well I'm not trying to sell it, but if someone were to throw me the right offer I would consider it. I think I put it up mainly to see what kind of bites I would get off it. I've been frustrated with the project and since it was my DD made it even more frustrating. Not to mention this thing is sucking me dry and making me poor lol. However, since I got the G8 as the new DD I'm not so stressed over my truck. Once I get it back from Zippy I can work on it slowly but surely it get it how I want it. Once I get it back I still have an exhaust leak to find and fix, replace the oil pump since the heavy duty SLP oil pump is only giving me 21psi of oil pressure at idle, need to remove the converter and send back to Precision because they built me a converter that's looser than whore. Swap my 3.73 gears for 4.10 or 4.56 gears since with the 3.73 gears I wont even see 3rd gear going down the track.

So all in all I will most likely keep the truck.

Good!! That would be a shame! Lol my buddy was looking and he was like "dude, this thing is sooo sick" and showed it to me and it ended up being your truck in the ad lol

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Good!! That would be a shame! Lol my buddy was looking and he was like "dude, this thing is sooo sick" and showed it to me and it ended up being your truck in the ad lol

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Haha good to know someone likes it lol

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm not trying to sell it, but if someone were to throw me the right offer I would consider it. I think I put it up mainly to see what kind of bites I would get off it. I've been frustrated with the project and since it was my DD made it even more frustrating. Not to mention this thing is sucking me dry and making me poor lol. However, since I got the G8 as the new DD I'm not so stressed over my truck. Once I get it back from Zippy I can work on it slowly but surely it get it how I want it. Once I get it back I still have an exhaust leak to find and fix, replace the oil pump since the heavy duty SLP oil pump is only giving me 21psi of oil pressure at idle, need to remove the converter and send back to Precision because they built me a converter that's looser than whore. Swap my 3.73 gears for 4.10 or 4.56 gears since with the 3.73 gears I wont even see 3rd gear going down the track.

So all in all I will most likely keep the truck.

My SLP is only giving me about 20psi as well! Ran a base oil pressure test at a cold start and measured at the oil filter (tapped into the Lingenfelter oil cooler) Ive still got that tapping noise from the front cover area. I think it may be the pump as well. Do you have any unusual noises coming from yours? Any drivo issues from only 20psi? The oil pressure wont raise with RPM either. stays at a flat 20. Not to mention, at start up i have 0psi for about 5 seconds. My instrument cluster starts complaining about low oil pressure and then it slowly climbs to the 20psi. Not a fan of SLP pumps.Check my latest rant on my thread. Haha. Hoping to figure it out soon.

http://www.silverado...ngine-knocking/

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)