MID12sSSS TVS2300 370 build

MID12sSSS

I'm digging the cap on the end of the water pump pulley! I need one of those! Motor looks good!

Yeah. I welded the pulley to the pump shaft. Filled the entire cap and then ground it flat. Joe sells the little billet cap to cover up the welds. Lol. I've seen several trucks rip the water pump pulley off when pushing the 2300 to the levels that I will be. After closer inspection to the jackshaft, I'm not too fond on running the bearings. So I'm gonna have to send it out to Magnuson and have new bearings pressed on. They just feel gritty and I don't want to risk it. Haha.

Looks Good B. The block being painted is sick.

Thanks man. :thumbs:

Lol. Yeah I'm buying a 104 Fleetrunner HD from shucks oreillys. Ill warranty it out every 4-6 months for a mysterious squeak. Haha. Lifetime warranty. Might as well use it right?

I'm having the SS towed to my new place and hopefully I can start making some progress this weekend or something. I still have lots of boxes in the garage from the move. Lol. Gonna have to clear some space!

Yeah. It's been rough having pretty much every penny I've saved the last 3 years wrapped up into this truck, and all it does is sit. I need to finish it soon! It's driving me crazy! We just got an AWD dyno about 20 miles from my house. A member or two from here have already been on it. Everyone seems to be putting down some good numbers so I'm getting anxious! Sure would be nice to put down about 700 to the ground. Lol. But we'll see. I have no idea what to expect. As long as it can break 11.5 I'll be happy. I can't wait to hear that cog drive scream!

Yeah it just sucks it's taking so long. But I guess I can't say I'm surprised. Last time I did a build it took nine months. Lol. And with this one I'm already at three. But it'll see some more progress soon.

Awesome work. Thanks for update. We needed that! Good luck on all life's curve balls and twist. Sounds like it's all coming together and you'll be running it before ya know it. Can't wait for that dyno video!!!

Finally moved into my new place. Haven't completely unpacked yet but I'm getting there. Having the SS towed over to the new place this week so I can start making some progress at home. I never get any shop time anymore at work so it's been a long while since I've been able to work on the truck. Back ordered parts from Left Coast 32 showed up and I'm just now starting to pick at the build a little again. I was hoping to be driving it by now but life gets in the way sometimes. Anyway, I'll try to keep this thread as up to date as possible. Haven't been on it awhile. But here's a few pics of the long block I took a while ago. image_zps3ec295c9.jpg

image_zps59d6bf7f.jpg

image_zpsb78cc5ab.jpg

image_zps067f97c3.jpg

Looks awesome Brandon...except for the FORDS in the background!

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

Looks awesome Brandon...except for the FORDS in the background!

Lol. Yep. Job security. Drive the best and fix the rest. All these damn fords breaking all the time...