MID12sSSS TVS2300 370 build

MID12sSSS

Precision Industries without a doubt. They're converters are second to none, and their customer service is awesome. They'll disassemble and clean your converter when you have your tranny out to service clutches, and each converter comes with 2 free restalls... So if i get a 3200 and decide i want a 3000 or a 3400, all i need to do is send it in. :cool:

Although, heres the catch... $1079 plus shipping for they're 10.5" multi disc. This is what i ran in my 65e and it was awesome! When TC lockup hit, it felt like a 5th gear. Nice firm lockup. I still need to call and get a quote for the 80e converter and discuss the exact stall speed. Ill probably do that within the next week. The trans and transfer case are coming out tomorrow after work. That way when i get the build kit from PATC, ill be able to build the trans and slap that new input shaft into the Tcase.. Should be a painless swap. Also will be modifying the crossmember so i can run a deep pan in the future if i choose to.. Justin has already ordered our new speed sensor harnesses.. Ill be picking your brain if i run into any issues. :thumbs:

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Yeah, I think I'm going to return my Circle D and go with a Vigilante. Chris offered me a full refund because he overshot my stall so bad and I'm just pissed off about the whole thing. It's stalling at 3300 right now and will be around 4k once I get everything else bolted on.

Make sure you go with Time2Kill's input shaft and not PATC's solution. I think their solution to the 80e swap is an adaptor to make the output shaft on the 80 smaller so it will mate up with the existing shaft in your transfer case.

Yeah, I think I'm going to return my Circle D and go with a Vigilante. Chris offered me a full refund because he overshot my stall so bad and I'm just pissed off about the whole thing. It's stalling at 3300 right now and will be around 4k once I get everything else bolted on.

Make sure you go with Time2Kill's input shaft and not PATC's solution. I think their solution to the 80e swap is an adaptor to make the output shaft on the 80 smaller so it will mate up with the existing shaft in your transfer case.

Yep. A few pages back i posted a pic of Time2Kills adapter. Im good to go!

Got a few cool pics to share..

These arent "new" pics, but i havent posted them yet. Picked up a TBSS airbag awhile back, AND a TBSS steering wheel! As crazy as it sounds, the TBSS steering wheels are WAY more comfortable. They're a perforated leather that looks really cool. And like i said, super comfy..

image_zps2a4d9478.jpg

image_zps06e21f7b.jpg

Swapping these springs was quite the operation. Lol. Using a pnuematic spring compressor isnt the worst way to do it, but its nice to have a headstand. Doing it on a workbench kinda sucked. But, got it done. Sure is a scary moment though. When the spring is compressed and if anything goes wrong, it can fling out with immense pressure and leave a nasty wound. Lol. Also, sure would suck to drop a $1000 head on the ground. :lol:

No matter how many times i do this, its always a nerve racking moment. Like the first start up after a fresh build.

If anyone happens to try this swap themselves, be sure to use the new valve seals provided with the springs. The stock "top-hat" style seals will cause coil bind on the inside spring so you must use the new narrow seals. Use moly lube on the seals and lube the shaft of the valve when reassembling. Also, be careful and work very slowly. Haha when you put the titanium retainers/locks into the top of the valve and release the spring pressure, its a scary moment. You cringe and just wait for the spring to come flying off.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Well, trying my hardest to get this truck done by May 10th... :fingersx:

May 14th is the 1st test and tune of the season and the 17th is the "Kool Cruise". Its a real good time and id love to be there. Also one of my buddies is having a college grad party and there'll be lots of people there i havent seen in forever. Id love to be able to show up with my truck. :lol:

But, with a career change taking place on Monday, im not quite sure what to expect. Going to work in a different shop and im not sure if ill have as much free shop time to wrench on my truck... Plus, this next weekend is Arctic Man, and ill be gone for several days. Really, ive only got 4 more weekends to get this truck built if im going to make the cruise, and i still have SO much to do...

Did you actually measure each spring and correct key height?

Ive never had to alter the spring height in the past. I run the recommended springs for the cam. I havent received my cam or cam card yet, but recommended spring height should be on it. Ill check spring height when i get those specs. Should i anticipate having to add shims or machine the spring seat??? :confused: Thanks for chiming in and making sure i dont miss an important step..