MID12sSSS TVS2300 370 build

MID12sSSS

dooooode, all those parts are so intimidating to me...sooo much work for a newbie like me. And to think I was looking at the Whipple 2.9 instead of the Maggie! From what I'm finding out, that's even a more complicated install than the Jackshaft! I'm seriously considering just going with the regular TVS 2300 or Whipple 2.3 plug and play models....still on the fence about everything. I'm not so sure my skill level will allow me to do the Jackshaft. :sigh:

Everything's coming along nicely for you though...it'll be awesome bro!

dooooode, all those parts are so intimidating to me...sooo much work for a newbie like me. And to think I was looking at the Whipple 2.9 instead of the Maggie! From what I'm finding out, that's even a more complicated install than the Jackshaft! I'm seriously considering just going with the regular TVS 2300 or Whipple 2.3 plug and play models....still on the fence about everything. I'm not so sure my skill level will allow me to do the Jackshaft. :sigh:

Everything's coming along nicely for you though...it'll be awesome bro!

It is a lot of work, but you'll be fine. There is plenty of help out there if you need it. Plus, you'll have this build thread as a "how to"...On a swap like this, theres a lot of customizing to make it work. But the gains will be worth it in the end. Although, if you dont want to spend the time and money, the truck style TVS will still produce great power. I just wanted to go above and beyond i guess... With Justin doing a 800+hp build, i couldnt settle for anything less. Lol. Talked to Kevin a bit about my build. Said it should be an easy 8-900 horse at the crank. :peelout:

Lots to do yet, but cant wait to see what itll do when its done! Theres a few vehicles in town that'll need a good ass whoopin when my truck is finished. :lol:

Lots of diesel guys and import guys with big heads...

Placed another order. :thumbs:

Got my FIC 1000cc LS3 injectors

All my fuel fittings, hoses, Y block, fuel filter, dual Walbro pumps, A1000-6 fuel pressure regulator and gauge, and 4 corner steam kit.

My fuel system is all ordered. Just gotta build my '05 bucket, hang my tank, and build my lines. Should see my cam next week as well. Then I can button the motor back up. Gonna see lots of progress these next 2 weeks!

Are you a drug dealer?!? Spending some cash!! Which steam vent kit did you use. I went with the csr kit and it came out awesome except i still needed an extra fitting or two. I've also heard very mixed reviews on the Kurt urban kit.

Are you a drug dealer?!? Spending some cash!! Which steam vent kit did you use. I went with the csr kit and it came out awesome except i still needed an extra fitting or two. I've also heard very mixed reviews on the Kurt urban kit.

Lol. Totalled it up last night... Im at $26,000.... NOT including the $18,500 i paid for the truck... :lol: Thats why my license plate is MNYPIT.. But i guess you get what you paid for.. You cant just go to a dealership and buy a 8-900hp pickup for $44,500... It takes blood, sweat, tears, and a lot of time and money. Ive been through LOTS of hardships building this truck, but ive learned a lot and met a lot of really good people. Others shake their heads at me when they see the time and money i pour into this truck, yet they shake my hand when its done and they see what ive built... Cant wait to get it finished and take it to the Palmer Drags this May. Lots of car shows and cruises to go to.. Its going to be a blast.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Awesome! Keep me posted!

His name is josh. He lives in anchorage with Matt and was talking a big game. His truck is an absolute beast, but I think he's underestimating the ol 370. He has a 408 and a jakes level 5 4L80. Trans brake, the works. He plans on a 400 shot of spray out of the hole. Gonna be a hard truck to beat. But after talking to him... He's the most self conceded guy I've ever spoke with. Lol. So I made it my quest to put his foot in his mouth. He told me not to even bother building my truck cuz ill beer be as fast as he is. That the 370 has no potential and I'm wasting my time. LOL! I told him he obviously has no clue how boost works. Wait until I cram 20psi down its throat and run high 10s! So we've got a grudge match going. I assume he'll be at the Kool cruise, so I'm gonna try my hardest to make it. I picked up a Hero +3 Black edition with a suction cup mount. Plan on getting lots of badass videos for you guys! :thumbs:

Lol. What's another $15K? Haha. I was adding things up the other day and it really put things into perspective... After this is complete, I'll have close to $45K wrapped up in my truck. But you got to pay to play I guess. My savings account is non existent, but there'll be plenty of time later to save for my retirement. Lol. But for now, I'm 22 with very little bills and a passion for my truck. Kinda obsessed really...

Way I look at it, you can't go to any dealer and buy an 800hp truck for $45K. It just ain't gonna happen. $45K can barely buy you a new F150... Not that I would want one.. Having a full size truck that can beat a brand new Shelby in a 1/4mi sprint.. $45K sounds pretty reasonable if you ask me... Working at a ford dealer I get a ton of shit for my truck. Everyone points and laughs cuz I'm in the shop every weekend pouring time and money into my truck. It's been a constant struggle for 3 years to get this truck where I want it. People heckle me all the time cuz its a chevy. But I'll show them.. There's a guy at Seekins (where I work) that has a supercharged raptor. Just put the blower on this weekend. And everyone at the shop thinks his truck is gonna waste mine.. LOL. I just laugh and say yeah. Maybe. It's not worth my time explaining to them that his truck will be lucky to run a 13.5... And that they have absolutely no idea what my truck is capable of...

Another guy, Ron, asked me "goddamn man. How much time and money are you gonna put into that truck?!" I told him about 45 grand all said and done. And he shook his head in shock/disappointment.. I was like wait a minute. Says the guy who has a $60,000 Laguna seca that sits in his garage with 15miles on it!!! He's one to talk!!! That's okay. Wait until I see him at an intersection this summer. I'll blow the doors off his little 5.0 mustang with my 6000lb truck. :lol:

Anyway, yeah. It's just a big dick swinging contest over here. And I've got a lot of people with a hard on for ford to show what a chevy can do. Gotta represent :thumbs:

Sorry I am so late getting back to this. I love your attitude Brother. You are building dreams and memories that will last your whole lifetime. My dig about the RB bit was just for chuckles. You go for it and I'll watch your build with pleasure. :cheers:

:pop: