The Storm

rcapone

I hope so, this is the x-link 4.0 and I think their latest version - it works fine with my LS2 90. In fact, and as mentioned, TPIS took the motor off my LS2 and used it to build theirs. I talked to the guy there, Jackson, who does their assembly and tuning and they don't use Grant's (owner of x-link) calibration device, so I'm guessing that's their problem right there. Yeah, second one.

Also, I'm probably not going to make the track Friday now either. Since I'm having the TAP cells reset on my trans, I really don't want to rush the re-learning process it'll need to go through...it's supposed to rain Friday anyway, so maybe it's all for the best. It's just frustrating not being able to get everything to come together for the cool weather.

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

I hope so, this is the x-link 4.0 and I think their latest version - it works fine with my LS2 90. In fact, and as mentioned, TPIS took the motor off my LS2 and used it to build theirs. I talked to the guy there, Jackson, who does their assembly and tuning and they don't use Grant's (owner of x-link) calibration device, so I'm guessing that's their problem right there. Yeah, second one.

Also, I'm probably not going to make the track Friday now either. Since I'm having the TAP cells reset on my trans, I really don't want to rush the re-learning process it'll need to go through...it's supposed to rain Friday anyway, so maybe it's all for the best. It's just frustrating not being able to get everything to come together for the cool weather.

Zippy and I fought my TPIS throttle body for 4 months after I finished my build. They sent me 4 (yes 4) throttle bodies and not one would let my truck run. Limp mode every single time. Couldn't even back it out the shop. Had a friend come over, borrowed the throttle body off of his vette, and bam! Problem solved. I called TPIS, got them to refund my money, and send me my LS2 core back, and zero problems since. I won't ever refer anyone to them for a throttle body. I went through the whole ring.. The x-link guy, then all the wiring, changed the pigtail at the throttle body, everything. Nothing would fix it. Was the throttle body the whole time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zippy and I fought my TPIS throttle body for 4 months after I finished my build. They sent me 4 (yes 4) throttle bodies and not one would let my truck run. Limp mode every single time. Couldn't even back it out the shop. Had a friend come over, borrowed the throttle body off of his vette, and bam! Problem solved. I called TPIS, got them to refund my money, and send me my LS2 core back, and zero problems since. I won't ever refer anyone to them for a throttle body. I went through the whole ring.. The x-link guy, then all the wiring, changed the pigtail at the throttle body, everything. Nothing would fix it. Was the throttle body the whole time.

I remember when you were going through that. Sounded like a real "hair puller". Did you put an OEM Vette T-body on it?

I remember when you were going through that. Sounded like a real "hair puller". Did you put an OEM Vette T-body on it?

Actually, when I got the TPIS, I bought the LS2 throttle body from Scoggin Dickey for the core. Had them ship it to TPIS. After the 4th one, and I still couldn't drive the truck, I called and spoke to Jim (I think) and had them refund my money and send me my core back. So they sent me my core and I haven't had a problem since. I actually have Zippy building me a new motor as we speak. It'll be a bigger cube motor that will need the 102mm throttle body. Guess Ill try the Nick Williams. After the 2nd throttle body from TPIS, I also started to notice the build quality was going down. Huge gaps on one or the other side of the blade, screw heads stripped, even got one that was dirty almost like it was used. I mean who knows, it may not have been the throttle body. But all I know is when I put an OEM one on there, I had no more problems.

Wow, that sucks...I had no idea! How long ago was all this? Supposedly, I heard Supersub just got this calibration device from the x-link dude, Grant, not too long ago...6 months ago maybe. The first one I got through Supersub 8 or 9 months ago I know he didn't have the device...he told me this would work when calibrated properly. Anyway, I know the 90 that came off my truck worked before I sent it to them for the core, and I had to buy a brand new ACDelco OEM 90mm off Amazon just so I could get my truck home and drive it while I sort this out with them...Slapped that on yesterday and it works like a charm.

And i have a new nick Williams [2weeks old] and it slams shut under 18lbs of boost and total cost with 102mm intake nose, new x link and tac box , plus tune 2000.00 still does not work..

Actually, That's the only bad thing I've heard about the NW throttle bodies. But I don't plan on going boosted. I'm going to try and make positive manifold pressure with a nitrous bottle biggrinjester.gif

Wow, that sucks...I had no idea! How long ago was all this? Supposedly, I heard Supersub just got this calibration device from the x-link dude, Grant, not too long ago...6 months ago maybe. The first one I got through Supersub 8 or 9 months ago I know he didn't have the device...he told me this would work when calibrated properly. Anyway, I know the 90 that came off my truck worked before I sent it to them for the core, and I had to buy a brand new ACDelco OEM 90mm off Amazon just so I could get my truck home and drive it while I sort this out with them...Slapped that on yesterday and it works like a charm.

That was a little over a year ago. Sucks about all the trouble man. The GM 90mm worked so good, that's why I never even thought about throttle body again. It was like magic when I plugged it in. When I had the TPIS, I would install it, turn key on, press pedal to see that the throttle body moved and operated.. everything would be good. Start the truck, and as soon as it fired off, the Reduced Engine Power would set in and every code that has anything to do with the throttle body would set. The manager of TPIS told me that they must have been setting the TPS wrong inside of the throttle body before welding inside. He was getting aggravated with me calling and complaining, so I just got a refund. No problems since.

Good lawd, these TB problems are something. Boggles my mind these companies want to make aftermarket throttle bodies and sell for a premium price then wont even work out of the box. Sorry you guys had to go through all that, I would be ringing heads if that was my truck.

You would think, a company like that would have more quality control or test the units before shipping. As in this case, so many repeat failures really look deep into the production side of these.

Good lawd, these TB problems are something. Boggles my mind these companies want to make aftermarket throttle bodies and sell for a premium price then wont even work out of the box. Sorry you guys had to go through all that, I would be ringing heads if that was my truck.

You would think, a company like that would have more quality control or test the units before shipping. As in this case, so many repeat failures really look deep into the production side of these.

Yea man... It's 10x worse when you just built a motor and can't even get it to start because of throttle body lol. I'm trying to figure out what 102 I'm gonna buy for new motor right now. I've even thought about converting to cable

The newer trans I used factory 80e lines with factory fittings into the housing. The -6 fittings for the earlier trans were supplied by FLT

Okay cool thank you... I was able to find these ones in -6 for 4l80post-19930-142955620691_thumb.jpg

Rather than the 4l60e ones that I have a much shorter and the rear fitting needed to be longerpost-19930-142955626489_thumb.jpeg

Hopefully wed I'll be doing the 80e swap in the driveway haha

Update on your 2.75 gear lol im doin one too

Bro, those gears are pure awesomeness! I only did one wot pull from a dig so far and it was badass. Make sure you get the 6 pinion low planets from Coan Racing

On a different note, I got the TPIS back today and did a very light throttle test run...no codes, so far so good!

20150424_164726.jpg

20150424_164737.jpg