The Storm

rcapone

• 3 weeks later...

Truck's dialed in pretty good, TPIS is working great and giving me about 1 more psi over the 90, just been super busy with work and plus it's been raining here pretty much non stop for the past couple of weeks. I'm undecided if I should take her to the track in a couple of days...just depends on the weather. I'll be making a gopro or two pretty soon!

One thing I just noticed yesterday was the belt is squeaking pretty bad so I bought some belt conditioner at O'reilly's which temporarily makes it stop. Kind of wondering if it's the belt size. What belt do you run Rob?

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

I run a 108 I believe. What brand belt do you run? Do you have an alignment tool? The 8 rib system can be very picky about its belt alignment and it will be noisy if its not pretty spot on. Pay very close attention to the PS and alternator. You may also need to shim your blower pulley out. I had to... a lot. I was surprised.

I'll bet it's out of alignment since I've never had anything aligned. I keep getting aluminum on the back of the belt which makes me think it's slipping. I started out with the 3.3 pulley and ran the Green Gates K081088 which is 109-3/8", then went to the 3" pulley and slapped the K081079 which is 108-1/8". Now I put the smallest belt possible from Gates HD series which is the K081074, is 108" and a bit of a chore to get it on...this is the one that's making the noise but none of the other larger belts made any noise whatsoever.

Where would I get an alignment tool, or could I just take it to any shop and have them do it?

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

I may have mis spoke randy... I think I run the K081088 and I thought it was a 108. I would try to identify exactly where the aluminum is coming from. I dont think you would have alum shavings on there without having metal on metal contact.

I use a Gates laser alignment tool and it worked well for me..

• 2 months later...

Thanks Johnny - This one should do the trick! Turns out that the guy who built the junkyard trans that's in it now just didn't have the knowledge to build it to properly to high performance specs - I suspect the clutch spacing is off, so I just decided to order this one and be done with it.

Yeah, they're comin Jason - I know I keep saying that but I wanted to get this trans issue resolved first, plus I haven't even driven the truck in 3 weeks because there was apparently an e85 shortage out by me and no one had any that was within 50 miles. Then we had all that rain pretty much all summer long. I am dropping the truck off tomorrow to have the trans installed and I think he's going to do it Saturday.

• 3 weeks later...