Anyone else into smoking???

la122685

You guys getting a lot Johnny?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not bad like those poor peeps down in South Carolina. Just goes to prove the old saying; "You don't have to look too far to find someone worse off than yourself".

Even so we have had close to two feet of rain in the past two weeks. Lucky we didn't get wind after the rain. Ground is saturated and we'd of lost trees and then power.

I hate to hear that.. We lost everything in 08 to hurricane Ike. Had like 54" of water in the house... Hate seeing photos of all the flooding... Brings back some bad times... 2' is a lot of rain in two weeks that's well over 1.5" a day...

I hate to hear that.. We lost everything in 08 to hurricane Ike. Had like 54" of water in the house... Hate seeing photos of all the flooding... Brings back some bad times... 2' is a lot of rain in two weeks that's well over 1.5" a day...

Tough deal to lose it all. Our family home burned when I was around 8. Same deal, everything gone.

I always pucker up a bit when a hurricane starts looking like it's drawing a bead on the east coast. I am in that part of NC that sticks out in the ocean like a sore thumb. We've had a storm every 1.5 years in the 23 or so years I've been here. So far they haven't gone above 110 MPH in the years I've been here although we have had one "50 year" flood with one storm. That one was stressful. (I've learned not to worry too much about 100 MPH winds unless the ground is saturated).

Found a recipe a little while ago that I figured I would try to convert to the grill.

Bacon wrapped Chicken thighs. The recipe called for breasts and Feta cheese but I had trouble finding Feta, (I live in a deprived area), and I like thighs so I used them.

Here are the ingredients

DSC04279_zpsfzu1mmim.jpg

Filling all mixed up

DSC04281_zpsqx97idvp.jpg

Filling the thighs

DSC04283_zpsvyqcgdbc.jpg

Filled and wrapped

DSC04287_zpseyhzgpq5.jpg

Into the smoke bath

DSC04292_zps9pmvu7qa.jpg

Done

DSC04295_zpseobmthei.jpg

I didn't know what to expect when I started this project but they turned out better than I figured they would. I'll try them again.

DSC04296_zpsfdlidjxu.jpg

Found a recipe a little while ago that I figured I would try to convert to the grill.

Bacon wrapped Chicken thighs. The recipe called for breasts and Feta cheese but I had trouble finding Feta, (I live in a deprived area), and I like thighs so I used them.

Here are the ingredients

DSC04279_zpsfzu1mmim.jpg

Filling all mixed up

DSC04281_zpsqx97idvp.jpg

Filling the thighs

DSC04283_zpsvyqcgdbc.jpg

Filled and wrapped

DSC04287_zpseyhzgpq5.jpg

Into the smoke bath

DSC04292_zps9pmvu7qa.jpg

Done

DSC04295_zpseobmthei.jpg

I didn't know what to expect when I started this project but they turned out better than I figured they would. I'll try them again.

DSC04296_zpsfdlidjxu.jpg

that looks so good holy crap!!!!