Have any of you guys lined up with the Harley yet

handsome25tx

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chevy made a lot of trucks and suvs in mexico, i dont know if they still do or not. Our 98 2500 suburban was made in mexico.

Also our trucks are built in Michigan, but they are "converted" into an SS in canada. So the final assembly is canada but the truck itself is assembled in the US. Right??

Nope,

Manufacturing location: Oshawa Ontario, Canada

Silverado SS Specs

At least our LQ9 engines are made in Romuls Michigan. The regular LQ4s are made in either Romulus, Mich or Silao, Mexico.

I just hope the Romulans make as good an engine as they make their cloaking devices. :D

The SS is made in Canada, more specifically in Oshawa, Ontario

Most F-150's are also Canadian built.

Ford has 2 shifts a day, running 10 hours each building F-150's here in Kansas City. The Ford trucks are so common around it here, it really makes my SS stand out. :)

yah the truck is slow even with a blower and full exhast best id say is 13.60s which is pathetic. (i know 13.60s because he raced my friends grand national which is basiclly stock just a few mods and he ran a 13.62 and when they race they are almost dead even the ss loses by less than a car length) i beat him good on a 75 shot in my 98ss and 100 shot was ugly. i had a 4.3 v6 and i ran him on 275 35 18 and still launched at him and i ran a 13.3@102 on a 75 shot

the trucks weigh to dam much. if only they made them single cab and 2wd then that would be a 12 second truck easy with a blower

Get him on this site. We'd all like to hear about his truck.

And I'll be honest with you, I didn't buy my truck to race it. If I had wanted to do just that, then I would have bought something much smaller and lighter. Although I may hit the track to stretch it's legs and to find out what it can do, and I may continue to try and improve upon what it did, it's not the reason I bought the truck. Your S10 with even a 200 shot could not tow my boat worth a crap, that's really why I bought. I think it's great that a 5600lb truck can do a 13.6. Pound for pound the SS is light years quicker than what it's times may show.

lol for 40000 bucks to tow a boat lol we put a ls1 in a 98 s10 and he has a 18 foot flat bottom. total cost to put a ls1 in a 98 s10 7000 bucks runs 12.52@109 on 275 50 15 drag rads and the motor is basically stock. and tows his boat fine also towed 2 of the other boats my buddys have fine also. oh yah dont forget it has a t56 6 speed swap we did.

if i wanted to buy a 40k truck to tow a boat thats one thing, but seeing how these people want to make the truck fast to throw over 6k in mods to run mid 13s id say why keep it stock why race it?

oh yah one more thing didnt need a 200 shot at all to tow my friends race car. trailor is 1800 pounds and the 72 monte carlo was over 3800 pounds and i towed it every weekend to the track tat was 50 miles one way for a period of over almost 2 years. now how much does your boat weigh if you can give me a rough estimate.

man it was so sweet to go up to the lake and while dropping the flat bottom into the water and droppin the bags.

oh here was my cousins boat i towed up to the lake all the time you can see our blazer x in back

BOAT2.jpg

BOAT1.jpg

Archived