Have any of you guys lined up with the Harley yet

handsome25tx

I did not mean anything derogatory towards anyone here, just stating the facts are obvious and yes, the post is, any lined with a harley, great, any facts are welcomed and yes most if not all stock Silv SS's, depending on drivers of both vehicles would probably lose to a stock H-D. Still this is not the, anything you can do I can do better ideology.Of course you all are welcome in my opinion, nothing you have said has been flat out degrading to the people or the trucks that I have read. Again, I was just stating an opinion, which is as even you have said, what these forums are about. :cheers: here's to good comraderee.. :cheers:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did not mean anything derogatory towards anyone here, just stating the facts are obvious and yes, the post is, any lined with a harley, great, any facts are welcomed and yes most if not all stock Silv SS's, depending on drivers of both vehicles would probably lose to a stock H-D. Still this is not the, anything you can do I can do better ideology.Of course you all are welcome in my opinion, nothing you have said has been flat out degrading to the people or the trucks that I have read. Again, I was just stating an opinion, which is as even you have said, what these forums are about. :cheers: here's to good comraderee.. :cheers:

:cheers:

Boy...like watching a tennis match. Never a dull weekend on here. Thanks guys. :thumbs: I think the original question was had anyone lined up against a Harley yet - that's it. The experiences of those that have are on here, anything more than that was just a mixture of personal opinions, prejudice, and pride that gets in the way of the trucks we own - no matter which it is. I own the SS, and with the money I spent, I could have bought ANY truck I wanted, but chose this one. It met and exceeded my criteria for buying, some obviously can't say the same. To be honest I don't care which truck you bought, as long as you're happy with it. But, given the topic, I was interested in any results, not listening to people getting offended. Some people are guilty of getting on sites and plucking the chords, in fact one of the people involved in this tennis match, I believe and could be wrong, has been guilty of it. Glad to see the dust has settled on this one so all can move on. Here's to supercharging the SS from the gitgo :cheers:

There are guys in town with L’s & HD’s eyeballing me as we cross paths, haven't hit any lights together though... If we do I'll just nod and roll off the light conceding theirs is the "faster" rig all the time knowing I’m 100% satisfied with my choice... Yep, could have bought any of them but "fastest 1/4" wasn't key in the sale for me... If I wanted a "fast" 2WD I would have bought a Vette... I ride dirt bikes / snowmobiles and live in a place where it will snow in town Oct through Mar... 2WD just don't cut it... The SS is a bad azz look'n, sport, luxury, AWD, all-season truck... That's what sold me...

QUOTE:

"I would venture to say that most track savy folks know a Lightning is a mid 13 stock truck, so i'll leave that alone now. As for the factory SC SS, if made, I'll be in line, so here's to hoping they do it!"

Lightning

"The Lightning is prepped and ready for its' first trip to the drag strip. The initial combination includes: JBA Cat4ward™ Headers, custom Super Chips Flip-Chip, 4.10 gears, Mickey Thompson slicks, K & N replacement filter and a lowered suspension. Quarter mile times were 13.2-13.3 @ 102 mph."

Low 13s stock have happened, but you have to have the factors and the driver. Best case I can cite is Johnny Lightning (yeah, point and giggle but he's one of the "premier" L tuners :D ) bought a new one (back in 01 as I recall) filled it up with 93 and ran a 13.2 bone stock in street trim.

Johnny is FAR from an average pilot and I have no idea what the conditions were (cool and dry would be my guess)... Most L's are going to go high 13's/very low 14s out of the box with a decent driver and decent conditions.

The quickest one I know of (Gen 2 - since Jason Brown sold his low 10 sec Gen 1) is Sal at PSP, his best is low 10s with NOS... I believe Johnny still has the quickest Gen 2 without giggle gas, and he's running 10.59.

I'm guessing that Johnny, Sal and maybe Jim at JDM will all get 9s or close this fall.

Johnny Lightning

Power Surge Performance

I get as much of a kick out of comparing apples and oranges as the next guy, but these magazine guys doing the comparisons need to lighten up just a bit...

I think the SS is a "work" truck with some performance features and a big cab. The L is a "performance" truck with some work features and a single cab.

Kinda like comparing a tight end to a wide receiver. Yeah, you can compare them, but the numbers don't tell the whole story, on either side...

Ok, shutting up now...

i've personally witnessed the low 13's stock, but i'm in a low elevation and cool temperature area. there seems to be some feeling by some to defend their purchase desicion. if you bought the truck, then you obviously had a reason you liked it. even if it were just the ss badging or brand loyalty. i've spent time in the ss, and liked it, but see very little sport about other than apperance. to some, speaking of it's lack of performance is an insult in one sentence and in another all excited about it's performance. it's kinda like having oprah in a room and having anna kornikova walk in just to have oprah bitch that she's there. sure oprah is really nice and very respectable, but a slight fun factor is missing. my only point is this is the kinda racing/performance comparison part of the forum and if something's faster than it is reguardless of wheter or not it's as nice towing, drivng on snowy roads, etc. racing is racing, it's all about the fun and occsaionally the win. (as for buying a corvette if you'd wanted a fast rwd car, both dodge and ford have a competitor there also so obviously that statement isn't relavent).

when i went to fontana a few weeks ago there were 2 HD F-150s.

They both had at least an aftermarket exhaust and that was probably it as far as mods are concerned, one ran a 15.00 and the other ran a 14.8

Only the 02's and 03's are supercharged.

You must have seen 00 or 01's. :thumbs:

I'm also not going to argue the point of the L's quarter mile times. The simple fact is anyone who can drive well can put a bone stock 2002 Lightning into the mid 13's.

:thumbs:

Archived