Have any of you guys lined up with the Harley yet

handsome25tx

Kinda like comparing a tight end to a wide receiver. Yeah, you can compare them, but the numbers don't tell the whole story, on either side...

I like that analogy there ghost… :thumbs:

I also like that one.... :thumbs:

My personal favorite however is in the latest issue of Sport Truck........

Despite their stupidity in placing the SS in a head to head shootout with the Lightning and Hemi-Ram.......

They called the SS an all purpose "Fighter-Bomber."

Thats about as perfict as analogies get.......

If you know aircraft then I think you'll understand. Some of the best features from each (fighter and bomber)(sport truck and work truck) rolled into one. What you get isnt really a fighter (sport truck), and its not really a bomber (work truck). Its somewhere in between, and its one hell of a cool truck. :thumbs:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
when i went to fontana a few weeks ago there were 2 HD F-150s.

They both had at least an aftermarket exhaust and that was probably it as far as mods are concerned, one ran a 15.00 and the other ran a 14.8

Only the 02's and 03's are supercharged.

You must have seen 00 or 01's. :thumbs:

I don't know about that. Straight stock HD's (exhaust :rolleyes: ), with stock rubber, on a hot humid night, depending on the driver, probably only turn 14.8 MotorTrend got 14.3 out of theirs, but also got 15.0 in the SS. Most around here are only getting 15.4 in the SS. So a SuperCharged HD only turning 14.8 is believable. A non-SuperCharged HD, unless conditions are perfect w/ driver won't turn 14.8-15.0.

Basically, I'm betting what he saw was an 02-03 HD.

They were both supercharged, its pretty easy to tell, they have a huge logo on the side that says "supercharged" plus the big bulky thing on top of the motor gives it away too, not to mention all the other cosmetic differences :rolleyes:

im 100% positive they were supercharged, and yes the conditions were very good. I live in socal so its not like there was really an elevation issue, and it was night races so the temp was nice and cool, and dry.

there is no way a non supercharged HD f-150 will ever turn numbers out close to that without some serious work, those things are really really slow.

those times are what I saw at my local track, so you guys that say that bone stock lightnings are running mid 13s all day without trying, must just have some really good drivers or not actually be stock who knows. Times are going to be different at every track.

All I know is he had slicks and some other work done to it, i dont know how built it was but the other lightnings were running 13.7 or higher all night long, the slowest one ran a 14.2

Just as a point of reference.......... there is no track in CA that can come within .5 of the best tracks back east.

A bone stock HD turning a 14.8-15.0 is 14.3-14.5 back East. A stock Lightning turning a 13.9-14.1 is 13.4-13.6 back East.

Remember that a supercharged engine is much more conditional, meaning they react much better to good conditons............. and much worse to poor ones.

Carlsbad is near sea level, but it is an awful track with high winds, poor prep, and heat pockets.

To say that a bone stock anything can't do something because you haven't seen it (so the ones who say they have done it are obviously lying) is wishful thinking at best. I have never seen $1,000,000, but I know it exists. Also, I would never say that the 15.0 registered by one magazine for the SS was a lie. As in any vehicle, there are particularly stong ones, and weaker ones. It is all in the tolerances.

I am realistic enough to know that if we took our '01 Lightning to Firebird raceway, we would be extremely lucky if we cracked into the 13's........... thats just the way it is at that track. Yet, I can go all the way across town, to another track, and knock upwards of .5 off of that time. So, does that mean that our truck is a 14 second truck, or a mid 13's truck???

The point being that most people will post the best times available for a certain vehicle as being the standard for that vehicle. Most L people will not say that they are 13.2 second trucks stock, as we know that is not the norm. However, we have seen many, many of them in the mid to upper 13's stock........... so we can safely say that is the norm. The SS crowd does not have the luxury of 5 years of there model being out there. Thus, you do not have as big of a sampling of the trucks.

Just as a point of reference.......... there is no track in CA that can come within .5 of the best tracks back east.

A bone stock HD turning a 14.8-15.0 is 14.3-14.5 back East. A stock Lightning turning a 13.9-14.1 is 13.4-13.6 back East.

Remember that a supercharged engine is much more conditional, meaning they react much better to good conditons............. and much worse to poor ones.

Carlsbad is near sea level, but it is an awful track with high winds, poor prep, and heat pockets.

To say that a bone stock anything can't do something because you haven't seen it (so the ones who say they have done it are obviously lying) is wishful thinking at best. I have never seen $1,000,000, but I know it exists. Also, I would never say that the 15.0 registered by one magazine for the SS was a lie. As in any vehicle, there are particularly stong ones, and weaker ones. It is all in the tolerances.

I am realistic enough to know that if we took our '01 Lightning to Firebird raceway, we would be extremely lucky if we cracked into the 13's........... thats just the way it is at that track. Yet, I can go all the way across town, to another track, and knock upwards of .5 off of that time. So, does that mean that our truck is a 14 second truck, or a mid 13's truck???

The point being that most people will post the best times available for a certain vehicle as being the standard for that vehicle. Most L people will not say that they are 13.2 second trucks stock, as we know that is not the norm. However, we have seen many, many of them in the mid to upper 13's stock........... so we can safely say that is the norm. The SS crowd does not have the luxury of 5 years of there model being out there. Thus, you do not have as big of a sampling of the trucks.

:cheers: Well said.

(Also dont forget the [listed] 40 horse difference in the 99-00 L's and the 01-03 L's) :thumbs:

i'm 100% with you extreme. there's a difference between carlsbad and englishtown as well as an owner who ice's and one who doesn't. some run them back to back, and some idle in the staging lanes for no apparent reason. a good example, the 435 horse berger camaro is obviously good for more than mid 13's yet i witnessed a best of mid 13's from a large pack of them running at the berger show to one who never got out of the 14's.

Bone stock '03 HD and a SS Silverado (Volant intake and a custom cat back with dual magnaflows) went at it a my local drag. The HD won by .2 on the quarter and BOTH could not break into the 14's.

Bone stock '03 HD and a SS Silverado (Volant intake and a custom cat back with dual magnaflows) went at it a my local drag. The HD won by .2 on the quarter and BOTH could not break into the 14's.

Yours? If not, is the guy on here?

I was board out of my mind this am so I thought I would snoop around.

nice board

nice group of people

more mature than most

It's amazing how the comparisons stuff didn't get out of hand like it does on most other boards :thumbs:

I read about the blown SS running a 13.9...now I have to report back to

HQ :lol:

:seeya:

-01L

Welcome, 01.

Yeah, we really do have a good group of folks around here. And, I agree, things really do stay very civil on this board as compared to many others. It's more of a community here (who all respect one another) then just strangers posting to voice their anonymous opinions.

• 3 weeks later...

:eek: Sorry Guys, :eek:

Hate to spoil the party... :D

The SS is made in Canada, more specifically in Oshawa, Ontario

Most F-150's are also Canadian built.

Look at the 1'st # in the VIN of your rides.

1= USA Build

2= CANADA Build

3= Please don't buy 3 unless you like tequilla

Hecho in Mexico

Dr Mike :cool:

Archived