Have any of you guys lined up with the Harley yet

handsome25tx

I've owned two S-10s so I am perfectly aware of how well they tow. If you've ever towed in anything other than a S-10, like a full size, then even you know there is no comparison. My last S-10 had nearly 275hp and it had plenty of power to tow, stopping was a different story.

It's not always about the speed, it's about the ride. Frankly, S-10s don't do it for me anymore, too small. They remind me of compact cars. Kind of grew out of them, which is not hard to do. Full-size is the only way to go now.

The cost of the SS was not an issue, even if I had paid the $40k+ sticker. Neither is the cost of any mods I choose to do. Whether I use to run around town picking up groceries, which I just got back from doing, or running it at the track. It wouldn't bother me if someone next to me at the track only spent $500 on theirs and still beat me. It does not make me feel worse about the decision I made, because as I have said, that is not the reason I bought it.

If all you got is how much less we could have spent on something to be faster, then don't even bother. If racing is all that matters to you, then why even a truck? Once you get your Suburu, providing of course the price is not too much for you, be sure to go over to LS1tech and tell them how they wasted their money when they could have bought your car, instead of the one their posting about. I'm sure it would be very popular.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A healthy shot of NOS will get the SS into the 13s as well. And that will cost a lot less than 6k. It just depends which route you want to go to make it fast. NOS is the best bang for your buck you will ever find.

If you are looking for a straight up drag truck, then there are lots of better options than the SS. But It does what I want. I dont want a small regular cab. Regular cabs suck. This is the car I drive every day and i dont want a regular cab to drive every day. Especially when ive got my kid in the car.

I want my truck to be fast. And fast for this truck is 12s. thats where i want it to be. So what. I dont care if i dump money into my car. Thats what i do. Look at my other cars. thats all i do.

Also I dont want to have to keep filling up my nitrous bottle so i went the expensive route and went FI. who cares. when your bottle runs out. ill still be running the same times. And with the AWD, i will run the same times no matter how shitty my tires are.

I dont want a mini truck, and i dont really understand why other people do either, especially if you tow all the crap that you say you do. I think mini trucks are pointless. but thats just me. thats why i buy fullsizes.

"man it was so sweet to go up to the lake and while dropping the flat bottom into the water and droppin the bags."

your not the only one that can do that :D

For the very first time since I got my truck, I end up next to a Harley today out running some errands again. :D So we're riding along doing about 45 and I punch it once to see if he wants to play. But, he didn't want to play and turned off. Maybe next time.

The thing sure was pretty though. He must have just washed about 5 minutes before I saw him. Because it was black, and as you know, 10 or more minutes on the road and it would have been dirty. :jester:

For the very first time since I got my truck, I end up next to a Harley today out running some errands again. :D So we're riding along doing about 45 and I punch it once to see if he wants to play. But, he didn't want to play and turned off. Maybe next time.

The thing sure was pretty though. He must have just washed about 5 minutes before I saw him. Because it was black, and as you know, 10 or more minutes on the road and it would have been dirty. :jester:

Missed opportunities, gotta hate that. :(

Ben,

Was this after the SC was installed?

I know it'd be bogus but I've thought about getting a small nitrous bottle and just putting a purge valve in the cowl. When someone wants to play just purge it a few times and I'd think most would back down. Then again, they might want me to back it up.... :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's got to be frustrating. You just get your baby all modded out and ready to play and the first fish you get turns you down. One good thing, he probably did it because he didn't want to lose. :D

Archived