Have any of you guys lined up with the Harley yet

handsome25tx

Well, to throw in my two cent's. Between all three trucks being discussed here, they all have been built for different levels of use. There is very little to compare between these truck and all that has been compared is obvious. The L's are the faster of all three, but again it is on a platform of it's own, nothing to compare it to. The H-D is the closest to the SS but still built with different objectives to fulfill (i.e. marketing for Harley Davidson, ect.) My point is, there is alot to discuss on this board and many others like this one, but stop repeating the obvious differences of "Mine faster than yours!" That's great!! If you modded and want to share or let people in on some good deals on the Ford (maybe some people with the SS may have or be lookin' at the Fords and mo0dding them), none the less thats a better discussion. I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers, just stating my opinion on this matter. :cheers:

What you are talking about.....the "mine is faster than yours," Unless I misread the topic that was the POINT of this post.

I was simply answering the question asked by the topic's creator. Not trying to ruffle feathers, and certinly not bragging.

.....if you dont want to know the answer dont ask the question. :thumbs:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So people who didnt buy the SS can't be here

Everyone is welcome here. We have L guys who post regularly and are welcomed as one of the group. If you do a search on my past posts you will see I am one of the biggest advocates of to each his own. There are no wrong choices, just personal ones. But to come on a specific vehicle board and say your vehicle is better than someone else's is juvenal.

And yes, I, for one, am really tired of this never ending debate about who's truck is "better" or "faster." Who cares. We all bought our rides for personal reasons. It has been discussed to the point of nausea and it's immature to get your testosterone all heated up, puff out your chest and declare "your's is better because..."

And thank you for giving me permission to just not read your posts. I will sleep well tonight knowing that.

Well, to throw in my two cent's. Between all three trucks being discussed here, they all have been built for different levels of use. There is very little to compare between these truck and all that has been compared is obvious. The L's are the faster of all three, but again it is on a platform of it's own, nothing to compare it to. The H-D is the closest to the SS but still built with different objectives to fulfill (i.e. marketing for Harley Davidson, ect.)  My point is, there is alot to discuss on this board and many others like this one, but stop repeating the obvious differences of "Mine faster than yours!" That's great!! If you modded and want to share or let people in on some good deals on the Ford (maybe some people with the SS may have or be lookin' at the Fords and mo0dding them), none the less thats a better discussion. I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers, just stating my opinion on this matter. :cheers:

What you are talking about.....the "mine is faster than yours," Unless I misread the topic that was the POINT of this post.

I was simply answering the question asked by the topic's creator. Not trying to ruffle feathers, and certinly not bragging.

.....if you dont want to know the answer dont ask the question. :thumbs:

Demon, I think they want to read about each other beating other makes. When you and I roger up it might urk them a little. I read this forum pretty regular because I want the first word on the reg cab SS (the fast SS) and the Tblazer SS (for the wife). I did consider the Silverado SS before I got the Harley, but I'll wait till they make a faster one.

Again no disrespect, but I think that demanding to have the SS be the only truck talked about on this board, and accusing anyone who does otherwise of "rattling peoples chains" is a bit on the shallow side. 

Not shallow at all, this web site is called SILVERADOSS.COM after all. Most on this site are looking for some friendly camaraderie to discuss the vehicle that they hold near and dear to the heart and not to discuss the squeaky muffler bearing on a ford… :crazy:

Look at the topic of this thread.

It looks to me like you SS guys are very interested to know how the HD's run. And I happen to have one and can give some good information.

To say that I cant post here because I dont have an SS is shallow. I have been a member of this board for a long time, longer than most of the current members. I'm not here to ruffle feathers, I'm here to talk about a truck I happen to like very much, the Silverado SS.

BUT

When you ask questions on which I have relevant info, i'm inclined to answer, I'm sorry if this offends you just because the answer isnt what you wanted to hear. Or just because I dont drive a Silverado SS (I do own a 2003 Silverado LS). Maybe shallow was the wrong word......eliteist sounds a bit more like it.

Bear in mind I know everyone on here isnt like this, most are intersted in any good information they can get. I just cant understand why some are so offended by the fact that not all the members here drive SS's.

maybe in the rain with a bad driver......(just because its in print doesnt make it the truth). Anyone who knows the 01-02 L's knows they are a great deal faster than that.

Well I am searching around the web for articles on the 2002 L and they are all about the same time. The 0-60mph is fast at 5.8sec but the ¼ times all seem to be about the same. Why is that? :confused: I have seen the L run in the 13’s and 12’s myself two buddies of mine have them, but there’s are not stock. ;)

Hmmm, earlier my post was just stating that the only thing the SS is missing to put up some impressive numbers stock is a SC from the factory and it would run times close to the L, haven’t seen a PUBLISHED ARTICLE yet that says otherwise. Anyone that owns or knows the L knows it runs faster than that stock… ;)

So people who didnt buy the SS can't be here

Everyone is welcome here. We have L guys who post regularly and are welcomed as one of the group. If you do a search on my past posts you will see I am one of the biggest advocates of to each his own. There are no wrong choices, just personal ones. But to come on a specific vehicle board and say your vehicle is better than someone else's is juvenal.

And yes, I, for one, am really tired of this never ending debate about who's truck is "better" or "faster." Who cares. We all bought our rides for personal reasons. It has been discussed to the point of nausea and it's immature to get your testosterone all heated up, puff out your chest and declare "your's is better because..."

And thank you for giving me permission to just not read your posts. I will sleep well tonight knowing that.

I challenge you to go back in any of my posts and find ANYWHERE I said my truck was better than anyone else's on here.

I said two things.

#1 The HD is faster (this is a fact nothing more) it certinly is not an indication of which truck is better. Its just one factor.

#2 That I would not pick the SS over the HD F-150. That doesnt mean its better, that means I personally prefer the HD.

If you advocate to each his own, then i think you should go back and read my post more carefully. If you do I think you'll find that all that was given was my personal opnion. And that I never once said anything I have is better than anything anyone else has. :thumbs:

Bear in mind I know everyone on here isnt like this, most are intersted in any good information they can get. I just cant understand why some are so offended by the fact that not all the members here drive SS's.

Where have I once said that I was offended or asked you not to post because you do not own an SS? The more on the site the merrier…post away! :D

maybe in the rain with a bad driver......(just because its in print doesnt make it the truth). Anyone who knows the 01-02 L's knows they are a great deal faster than that.

Well I am searching around the web for articles on the 2002 L and they are all about the same time. The 0-60mph is fast at 5.8sec but the ¼ times all seem to be about the same. Why is that? :confused: I have seen the L run in the 13’s and 12’s myself two buddies of mine have them, but there’s are not stock. ;)

Hmmm, earlier my post was just stating that the only thing the SS is missing to put up some impressive numbers stock is a SC from the factory and it would run times close to the L, haven’t seen a PUBLISHED ARTICLE yet that says otherwise. Anyone that owns or knows the L knows it runs faster than that stock… ;)

I havent seen published article on the a Supercharged SS at all??

The reason the numbers you are finding are all the same is for two reasons. The first is that most of the car and truck publications come from one or two big companies and they all use the numbers given to them by Ford as the facts. The second is the press fleet and the actual production vehicle are often quite different.

For example....

Corvette Z06 rated at 410 HP right? Listed in every published article to have 410HP correct? While in fact if you were to take a stock Z06 and put it on the dyno you would see numbers ranging from 420-436 RWHP.

Now either the drivetrain is so efficient it actually creates power.......or the numbers Chevy gives and lists are qute conservative...

Again, not trying to pick a fight, just indicating that just because Ford or Chevy says it, and just because Primedia publishes it....doesnt make it the truth. :thumbs:

I would venture to say that most track savy folks know a Lightning is a mid 13 stock truck, so i'll leave that alone now. As for the factory SC SS, if made, I'll be in line, so here's to hoping they do it!

Where have I once said that I was offended or asked you not to post because you do not own an SS? The more on the site the merrier…post away! :D

:thumbs: I stand corrected. You did not say that.

Your arguement that it was not shallow to prevent other trucks from being discussed on this board simply lead me to believe you were one of the hardliners who felt that the SS is the one and only truck that should be talked about on this board.

I am sorry. You were correct. :thumbs:

I would venture to say that most track savy folks know a Lightning is a mid 13 stock truck, so i'll leave that alone now. As for the factory SC SS, if made, I'll be in line, so here's to hoping they do it!

You and me both.

I would gladly pick up a SCSB SS even if it wasnt blown. Though there not going to make one for a loooooonnnngggg time.... :(:cheers:

Archived