These Guys Have No Clue

Dark Knight

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow such colorful language. I see the future a thread lock..........how many titan thread locks will there be :dunno:  :troll:

oh s**t your right, better get the cussing in before its locked:

MOTHER F**KER, SON OF A B**CH, C**T, PU**Y, A**HOLE, WH**E, C**K RAMMING F**K-NARD!, F**K YOUR MOTHER UNCLES BEST FRIEND!!! GOD D**N IT!

ok im done, for now

nick

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, as another SS fan and Titan owner I have a couple of comments to make here regarding the Titans performance.

The SS really appealed to me, and when I first started truck shopping I gave it a look (I lurked here a while without posting -look at my profile). I realized my suspicions that as a more street oriented truck, it wasn't going to suit my needs so I looked at the standard Silverado 4x4. After test driving the 5.3 Silverado, I test drove a 4x4 Titan. I preferred the Titans power and interior, and that's what I wound up buying.

Everyone loves their trucks, me included, but I try to stay unbiased about the qualities of each vehicle. One thing I don't see said in any of these slamming threads is that Nissan has made a very impressive first effort. The Titan will give the Silverado SS a pertty good run. The SS may come out on top more times than not, but considering Nissan has not even made a high performance version of the Titan, I think they deserve props. The lowest 2wd XE King Cab model gets the same 305 horse 379lb ft. engine as the LE Crew Cab. Thats a cool thing in my book.

I wish we had the Chevy's aftermarket support, but maybe in time.

Since I also get a low range and ability to use the truck offroad in my Crew Cab, I'm still OK with my choice of the Titan over the SS. There is a Nismo Titan in the works that should be much more comparable to the Silverado SS. These are good times for truck buyers!

I like both trucks a lot, and if you line up next to a blacked out Crew Cab Titan in eastern PA, I'll give you my best run and accept defeat with a thumbs up if thats how it goes.

... One thing I don't see said in any of these slamming threads is that Nissan has made a very impressive first effort. ...

First welcome to the forum :thumbs:

To the point - we're not bashing on the Titan product, just having a laugh at these specific Titan ...enthusiasts and their blatant display of *denial*. A bit more maturity in that clique of Titan owners would reflect a bit better on them (some hemi owners too).

You're right about the success of Nissan's first light truck effort. I am not a fan of the Titan product (sorry) but I do agree that in the light truck market they are now poised to do well against the other truck manufacturers. It is good to see a successful new vehicle and a fresh departure. Where I see Nissan causing trouble is over-billing the Titan as any kind of performance vehicle, it's not (just like the Hemi Rams); it's a fine enough truck but needs more to be the world beater they advertise it to be.

Mr. P.

One more thing - I agree with you that when Nissan gets more aftermarket support for their V8s the performance scene will change; I think it's only a matter of time.

t=27418&highlight=spare+baja]titan engine picsssssss[/url]

My Gawd - I take back my Nissan Aftermarket performance comment - can you imagine how expensive it will be to build a DOHC for a 5000-lb truck? Sure you can get 400+ peak hp out of it, but I am betting the bottom-end grunt would be lost. Four cams + timing chains + biatch to degree in. I'll just stick with the pushrod V8 :chevy:

Mr. P. :)

The 5.6/5 speed auto is pretty robust, not actually needing much work for competition.

http://www.off-road.com/nissan/features/04baja1000/

These guys took a first year Titan, stock engine and trans with addition of trans cooler and finished second in class with a first year Titan. Even the sheet metal and wheels were stock on it. They added a roll cage, fuel cell and some other stuff on a $20,000 budget.

Interesting comment about losing torque. Is that an issue in a Baja Truck? They do minimal low speed/technical stuff. Sustained higher RPM is what it's about, so having the fat part of the torque/HP curve at 3500-6500 RPM isn't a disadvantage.

They'd overcome it anyway... Look how Nextel Cup teams have taken the torquey, lower revving pushrod V8 and made it last for 3 hours at 9000 RPM. Smart guys always adapt. :driving:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Those Titans are not bad trucks, they are a little beefy but a stock SS vrs a stock Titan, the SS will take it even a stock Silverado with a 5.3L can take it.

Not so sure a STOCK 5.3 will take it. Most

of your slightly modded Titans run anywhere

from 15.0 to 15.3 seconds. I am Talking about the

lighter 4X2 KC version. Don't see stock 5.3L

(especially the ones that are a few years

old) running those times.

Archived