These Guys Have No Clue

Dark Knight

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I normally race at Milan or Ubly Dragways here in Michigan...I will race any Titan owner lightly modded for a case of fine american barley soda at any northern Ohio/metro Detroit track...I will also tape and post the contest of speed on this site, AND the Titan site...Test and tune/grudge races are normally held on Saturdays all spring and summer...Best of three or heads up...No traffic to worry about..or tickets for that matter, the times never lie..Uhh one more thing.. I like Budweiser...

My mods..pcm c.a.i. muffler

my times?

find out the fun way! LOL

Props to the victor...

Those Titans are not bad trucks, they are a little beefy but a stock SS vrs a stock Titan, the SS will take it even a stock Silverado with a 5.3L can take it.

I can vouch for this because i have beaten 3 titans and lost to none.... and out of all of them, they were within 2-3 truck lengths. So all this crap there talking bout beatin SSS's is indeed crap.

to the guy who said a 5.3L can take a titan, where did you get that info from  :crackup: but its not even close i actually have a titan and a 5.3, theres no contest

Well im not the guy that said that but,i want to but in :dunno: maybe thats true about you beating stock 5.3's.its the ones with out TM you have to worry about :devil: but as far as my experiences racing titans, the titan losses 9/10 times. and if youd like to test that theory just hit me up :thumbs: I have a video if youd like to see me beat a titan. and as far as a stock titan beating a SSS, thats one f'd-up wet dream that you dread waking up from.

titans are nice trucks my cousin has a brand new 06 and weve raced plenty of times and i spank him and im stock for now

My guess would be between 2 and 4 lengths?

yea right in that area off the line he gets ate up lol

That is due to the Titan's peg leg rearend. IF he

had a locker I bet you would be sweating

a little.

Those Titans are not bad trucks, they are a little beefy but a stock SS vrs a stock Titan, the SS will take it even a stock Silverado with a 5.3L can take it.

Not so sure a STOCK 5.3 will take it. Most

of your slightly modded Titans run anywhere

from 15.0 to 15.3 seconds. I am Talking about the

lighter 4X2 KC version. Don't see stock 5.3L

(especially the ones that are a few years

old) running those times.

My stock 5.3 ran those numbers...

Next

Ne

e1fd777b.jpg

Got kind of dizzy reading your track slips.

Is your 5.3L a Reg or Ext cab? Modded

or stock?

:jester::jester:

I normally race at Milan or Ubly Dragways here in Michigan...I will race any Titan owner lightly modded for a case of fine american barley soda at any northern Ohio/metro Detroit track...I will also tape and post the contest of speed on this site, AND the Titan site...Test and tune/grudge races are normally held on Saturdays all spring and summer...Best of three or heads up...No traffic to worry about..or tickets for that matter, the times never lie..Uhh one more thing.. I like Budweiser...

My mods..pcm c.a.i. muffler

my times?

find out the fun way! LOL

Props to the victor...

You GM guys kind of downplay your PCM upgrades.

You say you will race any LIGHTLY modded Titan.

I would not call the PCM custom tunes you guys

get as....LIGHT... modifications. Nice try though

ok....I will put my stock PCM back in...stock air intake-filter...all stock except for a muffler...

My invite still stands...

do i still hear 'cricket' sounds???...j/k

I have not doubt that you will still win. My only point

is a customed tuned PCM for a GM truck is not a

LIGHT mod. That would be like me installing a

6.1L Hemi cam and saying, "I'm a lightly modded

5.7L Hemi Ram".

depends on what criteria you're using to define heavy and light.

I say light is something you can do in an hour or 2 to increase HP... stuff like PCMs, CAI, exhaust, headers... basically bolt ons.

Heavy would be things like cams, superchargers, etc.

but I guess thats all just semantics. :dunno:

To my way of thinking, a "bolt-on" is anything outside the long-block of the engine; changing manifolds, spark, air cleaners, exhaust, power adders, designer valve covers - those are all bolt-ons. Changes to induction (cam, valvetrain, heads) is definitely a "mod" in my book.

Mr. P. :)

depends on what criteria you're using to define heavy and light.

I say light is something you can do in an hour or 2 to increase HP... stuff like PCMs, CAI, exhaust, headers... basically bolt ons.

Heavy would be things like cams, superchargers, etc.

but I guess thats all just semantics.  :dunno:

Yeah, I agree with what your saying. Where would

NX fit into your definition?

To my way of thinking, a "bolt-on" is anything outside the long-block of the engine; changing manifolds, spark, air cleaners, exhaust, power adders, designer valve covers - those are all bolt-ons.  Changes to induction (cam, valvetrain, heads) is definitely a "mod" in my book.

Mr. P. :)

Not sure I would agree with that.

Archived