SSS vs Ram Hemi

DaJoker SS

If you didnt live in Ca i would be your first loss!! A stock VHO runs a 15.5 from the factory for the ext cab and a reg cab probably runs a 15.3 or so. Depending on your mods it would be a nice race.

My truck ran 15.2 stock and they the last time I checked, they didn't make a regular cab version of a VHO. I will say that if you had a hard time beating a stock SS then you've definately wouldn't beat me. As it sits right now, my last run was at 14.35 @ 95mph and I haven't seen too many stock SS's run that yet. Sorry.

Those are some pretty good time there is a guy on dodgetalk with a vho that runs 15.6-15.7 stock. What do u have done to ur truck

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are some pretty good time there is a guy on dodgetalk with a vho that runs 15.6-15.7 stock. What do u have done to ur truck

Intake, exhaust, headers, PCM modification, Zippy's trans mods, higher stall torque converter and a couple of other small things. Don't forget that my truck is lighter than the SS as well due to the two wheel drive and body cladding.

I'm sick of these threads.  :puke: Just yesterday we had the x-runner conflict now the billionth hemi ram arguement.  Again with the price issue, I do not know anyone who payed close to MSRP for their truck.  I payed exactly what it would have cost to get a Dodge Hemi Ram Sport 4x4, which I looked at.  The Hemi ram is a nice looking truck (we have them as work trucks) and even though they are everywhere, I still think its a nice looking truck.  Not to be an ass but HemiRamon20s, about 50% of the hemi ram's I see have the functional SRT-10 hood on them.  The dealer has been throwing them on every dodge truck they have as an incentive to buy.  In fact one guy at work has the exact same truck at work.  I really feel that these threads are going no where, HEMI guys on SS forum don't seem get along because they hate seeing an SS beat a Hemi.  I've seen these egotistic guys on every forum.  I was reading that one hemi guy thought his truck was as fast as a lightning.  Stop getting so defensive.  SS forum - SS guys, hemi guy should keep some respect.

:thumbs: We are all sporting the love for our trucks, that's what makes this forum so strong.... :flag:

Intake, exhaust, headers, PCM modification, Zippy's trans mods, higher stall torque converter and a couple of other small things.  Don't forget that my truck is lighter than the SS as well due to the two wheel drive and body cladding.

I can see why your truck runs a low 14 in the 1/4 mile. Mine will close to that come this winter. Any VHO guys that live near Delaware want to give me a run? let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

vortec high output lq9 6.0 rated at 345 hp 380 tq, the awd had 4.10 the 2wd has 3.73 same as a 2wd silverado ss with out the ss body kit and ither minor details!it is also now called the vortec max.

Excuse my ignorance, but what the hell is a VHO??? :dunno:

It's a bad ass truck! :lol: see sig pic :cheers:

Are they as fast as an SS? I would assume so.

The 2wd SS/VHO since they are the samething they will run the same times or very close since all vehicles differ a bit. The 2wd in stock form is faster than an AWD in stock form. This is mainly just a weight issue because were not pushing around a t-case and front diff.

you sure about the stock for stock thin jon? some one suposdley ran a 14.6 in a stock 03 :jester:  whats the best time someone has ran in a stock vho or 2wd ss?

They need to be run in the exact same conditions at the same track to get an acurate measurement but yes I am sure.

Archived