Pacesetter Header Install

BenKey

would stock plugs be ok with these headers being so close?? If not do you have a link for recommended plugs?

Stock plugs are fine. It appears the plug wires I have just barely touch the pipes. Yours may work okay. If nothing else you can get the little blanket things to go around them.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sweet!  how much did you spend on them and was this a SS specific part or the 4X4 headers?  what p/n is it?

thanks

Not a SS specific part, but a 4X4/AWD specific part. They may now list the SS on their website. I got an email from one of the guys in the company (Pacesetter) today. Talking about some other stuff.

The ebay link is where I got mine. Add $20 for shipping.

• 2 weeks later...
How is everything coming on getting the collectors connected to the rest of the exhaust??

Want to know how it sounds and feels with those new headers.

Right now it sounds like a NASCAR truck with nothing connected to the headers. I had to firm up with the guy doing the custom work first, then I put everything on order Friday. It will all be here by this Friday, if Dynatech will ever ship my cats. The plan is to have it done next week some time, wed/thurs time frame - hopefully.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey benkey why did you go from ASM's to pacesetter? i was planning on getting some asm's but i would like to know your opinion on both of these headers, specially on the asm's. :crazy:

I had the ASMs back when I had my Radix. I sold them and my s-chgr and planned to go with a turbo and 408 combo. That didn't pan out as I'd liked because of motor problems. After that was fixed, I decided to stay NA. By then the headers were already gone.

ASMs are nice, but for the price you don't get much. What I mean by that is for almost half the price the Pacesetter headers appear to be better made. I say appear because they haven't been on my truck long, nor do I have many miles on them. They definitely look better.

ASMs are good headers, but I like the Pacesetters better.

Archived