Pacesetter Header Install

BenKey

ive heard they are of ok-poor quality.  how do you like them ben? i mean is the quality ok, could it be a little better?  what do you think?  Also have you noticed and leaks yet?

Can you say specifically where you heard that? Reason I asked is I've never been able to find anything negative about them. Even if there was, they were half (nearly) the price of ASMs and I can show you a few problems with their headers just off this site alone. Not counting other sites.

They look awesome, much better than the ASMs I had. Much more durable looking and a little heavier. My pics should give you an idea of the quality.

Haven't run them yet, really. Other than about 15 miles. I'm getting everything welded up Tuesday. Some point after that I may be able to say whether or not they leak. Although as I've said, I've yet to read that they have any problems like that.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've heard from a couple people out here in cali and then also from a couple people on this board, not to mention names. I was actually in the process of getting them, had MG running around to get them to me, then when i spoke to "people" saying i was about to order they said NOOOOOOOOO....cheap quality, exhaust leaks, dont fit well, etc...thats why i figured id ask you as well to see how your luck with them was going. I mean i was about 5minutes from pulling the trigger and getting rid of my TOGs, just to go from 1 5/8s to 1 3/4s.

not only on an SS but on other f-bodies

Speaking of....I just went over to LS1tech and conducted a search. After reading through about 3 pages of threads, I did not find one single negative thing about Pacesetters. I am sure they are not perfect by any means, but they appear to be, based on the lack of negative result (many, many over there recommend them for those looking) they appear to be a pretty solid buy.

Not sure who the people that notified you they have problems, but I would challenge them to present proof. I am sure there is someone out there that could have had problems, but that is pretty constant for all headers. Some people don't like things because the install is a tad beyond their capabilities.

I believe 383ss has a set on his f-body. There was more to read, but got tired and its late. I'll post on my thoughts/experience after I have a few thousand miles on them.

I've heard the same HaynSS, with F-body headers and going back to the mid 90s even with TBI truck headers. Pacesetters have had the reputation of not standing the test of time and requiring quite a bit of work to get them right.

Let us know after you put some miles on them. This might be my next mod. The price is super low for headers. I doubt I can do the install so I'll have to check around for prices on the fab work. I'm going to be busy for months working on my basement(finishing it out). If I get the time I'll attempt the install but I don't really see it happening anytime soon. Keep us informed Ben :thumbs:

not only on an SS but on other f-bodies

Speaking of....I just went over to LS1tech and conducted a search. After reading through about 3 pages of threads, I did not find one single negative thing about Pacesetters. I am sure they are not perfect by any means, but they appear to be, based on the lack of negative result (many, many over there recommend them for those looking) they appear to be a pretty solid buy.

Not sure who the people that notified you they have problems, but I would challenge them to present proof. I am sure there is someone out there that could have had problems, but that is pretty constant for all headers. Some people don't like things because the install is a tad beyond their capabilities.

I believe 383ss has a set on his f-body. There was more to read, but got tired and its late. I'll post on my thoughts/experience after I have a few thousand miles on them.

I've heard the same HaynSS, with F-body headers and going back to the mid 90s even with TBI truck headers.  Pacesetters have had the reputation of not standing the test of time and requiring quite a bit of work to get them right.

I've heard the same as well, but that was back when their headers first came out for the F-bodies. They had a redesign and I haven't heard anything bad about them since. Especially since they came out with the coated versions... much better than Pacesetter ever had before.

I purchased a used set of AS&M headers for about what I could have gotten new Pacesetters for and I am not happy about it! I would much rather have waited and gotten the Pacesetters... :sigh:

Archived