Pacesetter Header Install

BenKey

Ben, early psot you said something about cutting off part of the header to add your high flow cats. Is this what setup you went with? did you weld in a flange to bolt up to the cats? I'm thinking about this as my next mod and I would like to be able to bolt the high flow cats in if possbible. Let me know how they put it all together. Thanks :thumbs:

That is what I thought could happen, but that was me getting under there and estimating. What actually happened was he put a band clamp on the header, it goes to a small section of pipe with a ball and flange, then the driver's side pipe is routed over to the pass. side and starts to head to the rear, then the driver's side cat is welded in place. Both headers were done the same way. Then after the cats is another ball and flange for both pipes, then a x-pipe, then it goes to cutouts, then muffler. All 3" pipe, with extra O2 bungs cut in for wideband sensors, if so desired. The pass. side pipe is nearly stock looking before the x-pipe.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sounds clip...?

btw...does and E9 mean your a badass?  :dunno:

Trying to figure out the soundclip piece. I will get one, it will just take a little work. Will try to get it up this weekend.

E-9, a badass? Mean ass, maybe. Or. just lucky or lucky and good, not sure. It is the highest rank in the enlisted military though.

sounds clip...?

btw...does and E9 mean your a badass?  :dunno:

Trying to figure out the soundclip piece. I will get one, it will just take a little work. Will try to get it up this weekend.

E-9, a badass? Mean ass, maybe. Or. just lucky or lucky and good, not sure. It is the highest rank in the enlisted military though.

E-9 means Old and commanding respect. I'm guessing you've more than earned that though. :flag:

I can only go as fast as the pieces arrive at the doorstep. Some things are not as simple as click, pay, arrive. I'm missing the wp and spacers for it. The wp I just need to go pick up. The spacers are being worked on. mattrem is much closer than I am to getting up that intake.

I have to put the truck up on ramps today to change the oil.  I'll snap a few while under there.

we know your done with the oil change...where's the pics!?!?! :jester:

and if you dont wanna deal with the sound clip just send it to me, I'll get it up here for us to hear!!!

:thumbs:

Brian

[email protected]

Okay, okay. I'll work on it. No, didn't get the pics while it was up on ramps. Forgot, sorry. I was much more intersted in getting some logging done. I was so excited about some of the changes I had made to my tune the night before that it just escaped me.

Did get a few good WOT runs though. This is the best my truck has ever run. I have moved my 1-2 to 6500 rpms and 2-3 to 6200. Bounced the rev limiter a couple of times. Need to move up to 7000 I think - rev limiter that is.

Archived