Pacesetter Header Install

BenKey

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ben, would there be any benefit you running without  cats? I can pull it off with emissions. Are there any down sides to this?

There is some speed benefit, sure. If you buy some "true" high flow cats then what you loose will be minimal.

I do have my truck back, $375 (in labor cost) later. He did a really good job. All mandrel 3" pipe. May be able to do a sound clip later. Right now just tired. I was there until nearly 7:30pm.

There is some speed benefit, sure.  If you buy some "true" high flow cats then what you loose will be minimal.  I do have my truck back, $375 (in labor cost) later.  He did a really good job.  All mandrel 3" pipe.  May be able to do a sound clip later.  Right now just tired.  I was there until nearly 7:30pm.

Damn your getting old Ben :D

There is some speed benefit, sure.  If you buy some "true" high flow cats then what you loose will be minimal.  I do have my truck back, $375 (in labor cost) later.  He did a really good job.  All mandrel 3" pipe.  May be able to do a sound clip later.  Right now just tired.  I was there until nearly 7:30pm.

Dude, I know you don't PT where you are :D , but we have some workouts that have been tougher than SEA workouts. I know you've heard about the SEA PT? We have this sadistic MF that kills us. 45 minutes straight.

Dude, I know you don't PT where you are :D , but we have some workouts that have been tougher than SEA workouts. I know you've heard about the SEA PT? We have this sadistic MF that kills us. 45 minutes straight.

I know all about PT Ben. :seeya: Have it at 0600 M-W-F, and ours sucks too. Not to mention, I lift 6 days a week. But hey its all good. So you are ADN? E7?

I know all about PT Ben. :seeya:  Have it at 0600 M-W-F, and ours sucks too. Not to mention, I lift 6 days a week. But hey its all good. So you are ADN? E7?

Yes, AD Navy. 21 years last month. E-9, should be able to see in my avatar if you're familiar with Navy insignia.

I guess you're active duty as well? Service?

I know all about PT Ben. :seeya:  Have it at 0600 M-W-F, and ours sucks too. Not to mention, I lift 6 days a week. But hey its all good. So you are ADN? E7?

Yes, AD Navy. 21 years last month. E-9, should be able to see in my avatar if you're familiar with Navy insignia.

I guess you're active duty as well? Service?

Oh Sh!t sorry Chief. :flag: Yes I am Active Duty Air Force. E-5/Staff Sergeant, just hit my 5 year mark last month. In January I was working with SEAL team 8 in California. Those Frogs are some cool cats. Right now I am stationed at Nellis AFB, and loving it.

So now I know where you get the cash for all those mods. :D

Ben, early psot you said something about cutting off part of the header to add your high flow cats. Is this what setup you went with? did you weld in a flange to bolt up to the cats? I'm thinking about this as my next mod and I would like to be able to bolt the high flow cats in if possbible. Let me know how they put it all together. Thanks :thumbs:

Ben, would there be any benefit you running without  cats? I can pull it off with emissions. Are there any down sides to this?

There is some speed benefit, sure. If you buy some "true" high flow cats then what you loose will be minimal.

I do have my truck back, $375 (in labor cost) later. He did a really good job. All mandrel 3" pipe. May be able to do a sound clip later. Right now just tired. I was there until nearly 7:30pm.

Archived