Pacesetter Header Install

BenKey

Okay, okay.  I'll work on it.  No, didn't get the pics while it was up on ramps.  Forgot, sorry.  I was much more intersted in getting some logging done.  I was so excited about some of the changes I had made to my tune the night before that it just escaped me. 

Did get a few good WOT runs though.  This is the best my truck has ever run.  I have moved my 1-2 to 6500 rpms and 2-3 to 6200.  Bounced the rev limiter a couple of times.  Need to move up to 7000 I think - rev limiter that is.

damn son, 6500....that is nice right there!!! does she pull all the way through?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[Oh Sh!t sorry Chief. :flag: Yes I am Active Duty Air Force. E-5/Staff Sergeant, just hit my 5 year mark last month. In January I was working with SEAL team 8 in California. Those Frogs are some cool cats. Right now I am stationed at Nellis AFB, and loving it.

So now I know where you get the cash for all those mods. :D

It's actually Master Chief. And I wouldn't call what the Air Force does PT!! j/k

:jester:

Ben, glad to see you found a good shop with a mandrel bender. Wish I was still there to hear the beast!!

Okay....pics...

This is the 3" pipe coming over from the driver's side to the passenger. He gave me plenty of room to drop my tranny pan without having to do the same with the exhaust.

post-1677-1142213580_thumb.jpg

Just a close up of how the collector connects. It is attached to the piece with a band for 3" od to 3" id.

post-1677-1142213738_thumb.jpg

The 3" cats side-by-side on the passenger side.

post-1677-1142213862_thumb.jpg

3" Magnaflow X-pipe. It is just after the cats. I put in the x-pipe just in case I wanted to take out the huge flo~pro one day and go with dual mufflers that would be mounted way back from where the flo~pro sits.

post-1677-1142214027_thumb.jpg

Dual Flow-tech 3" cutouts. They both go out to the sides.

post-1677-1142214236_thumb.jpg

That's all. I have a couple of leaks that need to be fixed, as you can see from the little black spot by the x-pipe. Those will be correted this week.

[Oh Sh!t sorry Chief. :flag: Yes I am Active Duty Air Force. E-5/Staff Sergeant, just hit my 5 year mark last month. In January I was working with SEAL team 8 in California. Those Frogs are some cool cats. Right now I am stationed at Nellis AFB, and loving it.

So now I know where you get the cash for all those mods. :D

It's actually Master Chief. And I wouldn't call what the Air Force does PT!! j/k

:jester:

Ben, glad to see you found a good shop with a mandrel bender. Wish I was still there to hear the beast!!

Damn, Grunts, Sharp as a frisbee.... :banghead::uhoh::ughdance::flag:

:crackup::jester:

Okay....pics...

Just a close up of how the collector connects.  It is attached to the piece with a band for 3" od to 3" id.

post-1677-1142213738_thumb.jpg

Ben,

Did those Ball flange connectors come with the headers ???

No. I had 2 sets of ball flanges. Originally, I wanted the ball flange on the end of the collector, but his idea was better.

Ben, do you think it would be possible to retain the stock cats? I would like to run from the headers into stock cats. Then 3 in. into x-pipe then 2 dynomax bullet mufflers and either dump it before the rear axle or put it out in front of the rear wheel. Would this be too loud? :dunno:

What size is the pipe into the cats? 2.75? :dunno:

Archived