Pacesetter Header Install

BenKey

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A fairly noticeable difference to the ASMs, I guess. I already had the Radix, so feeling an extra 18-20 when you already have as much as a Radix gives becomes harder, IMO.

All I can say about the Pacestter would probably apply to any long tube really. My truck idles smoother and throttle response has improved quite a bit. Not that there was a problem there, just much better. Sound is hard to give anything because it's still all un-buttoned. I have been waiting forever for some stuff to come in to complete my exhaust work. Finally just ended up cancelling and re-ordering with someone else. Next week hopefully.

There is a SS going in to Pacesetter to work on a Y-pipe, that I know. Pretty sure they intend for it to go all the way to the muffler. So it may not be the traditional "y", but more a pipe to by-pass the cats, but all the way to the muffler. Don't quote me though. It will not have cats on it. Should know something in a few weeks. I just got an email from Fred Gerle of Pacesetter earlier today.

fred had told me when i went in that they are gonna take my cats off because the long tube headers come back real far

Right, as I posted. They will come about 5" into where the cat goes. Are the pipes they are making going all the way to the muffler?

Archived