Pacesetter Header Install

BenKey

Not sure of the size into stock cats, but it does have to be reduced. If you get them welded directly and cut off the collector some, you could go right into the stock cat. The Pacesetter collectors are pretty long.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, where is the sound clip.

So really, all that is need is some form of flange to connect to the rest of the exhaust pipe.

If I get these, I am thinking abour running without the cats and back throught the Flowmaster 40's. What do you guys think?

Where would I get a flangeto connect the headers and pipes?

It's a pipe that will connect to your stock exhaust. Basically, you will remove the pipes from your stock exhaust manifolds all the way to the connection just past the crossmember. Install their headers, then install the pieces they are working on right now, that will connect back to the stock exhaust at the crossmember.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

any update from someone using stock cats with some custom pipes?? We should figure out a design so that when you goto the exhaust shop you can explain it so they can put it in as nice as Ben's.

With the LT, and (for example) corsa cat back would an X-pipe be necessary? Benifical (sp)??

i just had my pacesetters installed and my exhaust guy swore to me they where the wrong ones. I told him that i know for a fact they are the right ones. He said they dont fit right in so they are wrong. (cause they go past the cats) What an fn moron. Do a little custom work and make it work. Wound up costing me a whole new exhaust system cause of the relocation of the cats.

Yep. That is one of the things I mentioned about Pacesetters. You should go into it with a plan on how you're going to do it, before doing it. If that makes sense.

How do you like them?

Archived