Chase's 427 Lsx Twin Turbo Build

04CHASE

head gaskets are in , heads need to be driller for 1/2 studs and should be done his week.

oil pump will be here tomorrow from lingenfelter. ( melling 10296 high pressure, high volume)

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good to see more progress on ur build Chase, cant wait to see and hear that thing on the streets.

when u get the engine in r u gonna do a full tune or just a streetable one before u take it up north??? also r u gonna drive it or drag it up there???

dude those are ricer boost numbers!!! lol, jfwy man...

-Rob

Ricer?! :jester: Those are some MONSTER boost numbers. :omg: That's a killer setup, Chase.

just got word heads are on!! :chevy:

rockers are going to be 1.7 harlan sharps.

and this showed up today,

DSC02590.jpg

and unfortunatly i cant use a double roller or so im told , more to investigate tomorrow.

will also have pictures of the longblock . install should be underway by next weekend.

well brought it home and cleaned it up , looks like the tonnoeu needs a new paint job along with the hood. i think it will need some nice touches since the supercharged emblem is coming off.

8 months without driving it was weird , its like a new truck again.

one odd thing, my clock keeps reseting to 12:00 everytime i let it set for a little while. i wonder if this has anything to do with my issue with the obd2 port working sometimes and sometimes not.

Any Clues?

crappy phone pics

2009-06-10130228.jpg

2009-06-10130238.jpg

2009-06-10130324.jpg

2009-06-10130337.jpg

2009-06-10130427.jpg

2009-06-10130345.jpg

2009-06-10130440.jpg

you can see the extra bolt on the heads in the lifter window.

waiting on mounts from hs for the rest of the rockers.

plan to pick it up this weekend if everything comes in . then all i need is fuel rails and she will be ready to drop in and turn the key.

i figure about a month until its in and roaming

ill be ready for a meet for sure. i just need to figure out some electrical gremlins right now , im hoping its a bad ground or something because its doing some odd stuff.

here are some fun shots of the lsx's neighbors.

2009-06-06132334.jpg

2009-06-06132223.jpg

2009-06-06132152.jpg

2009-06-06132114.jpg

1241900001470.jpg

just got word heads are on!! :chevy:

rockers are going to be 1.7 harlan sharps.

and this showed up today,

DSC02590.jpg

and unfortunatly i cant use a double roller or so im told , more to investigate tomorrow.

will also have pictures of the longblock . install should be underway by next weekend.

had the same prob with mine to run the double roller means no hv pump so went to single roller

Sorry, didn't read through the entire thread, but are you keeping AWD with the 4L80E? If so, I can help you get the input gear for the NVG149 so it bolts up to the 4L80E instead of getting a turned down output shaft that will snap anyways. I had a twin turbo Escalade running one with about 1200hp and it held up just fine.

Let me know!

Edited by Time2Kill (see edit history)