Heads/cam 5.3l Swap Into The S-10

sprayed99

good work. I thought you had a project going on the SSS, Steve??? :)

No - maybe when school starts I might be able to work on my own truck; between the efan group purchase, summer break with the kids, and work my time is completely spoken for until Labor Day.

Mr. P.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me, or does it look like the intake tube is gettin discolored from the coolant hose???

Looks and sounds fricking awesome! Good work guys! :thumbs:

A week ago the intake tube was modified (ovaled) to fit, and the cheap-azz K&N chrome finish flaked off. Now since moving/repositioning the upper radiator hose outlet there is plenty of room to comfortably fit a full 3.75" tube without modification, it will get replaced down the line as opportunity allows.

Mr. P.

congrats guys...it came along smoothly

I have to admit I had a lot of fun and yesterday learned a lot from the GM wiring schematics. There are some projects in life that literally just fall into place like it was meant to be, the S10 being one of them. The most impressive thing to me was seeing just how many people helped - as a "helper" I am very gratified to be welcomed in an effort where so many folks pitched in their time, tools, and talent for Dan and Ashley - being in the company of good people makes life worth living. This little truck represents a lot of love.

Mr. P.

i wish i was apart of this install i cant believe you let tyler work on your truck

Lick a sack LaSalle... :)

Dude tyler was a huge help in this deal....im truly glad he could come lend a hand.

See Jason... :P

Thanks Danny... :cheers:

Nice work fellas! Sorry I couldn't be there, but I was in the midst of doing a head gasket replacement on the Honda...

DOOD--those fans sound like the tornado sirens going off!

Awesome project guys! Crazy turnaround time to boot. Looks like you had alot of fun, learned some things and had a satisfying build so far. Thank you for the great illustrations.