GI.SS 06 SS Build

GI.SS

Clamp the leaf spring in the rear. But I've heard of two different way to clamp them. Both 15-18" before or after the axle. I know someone on here must have done it. It's supposed to help with axle wrap and planting the rear end.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha mount it to the front of my truck as you walk buy me on 10 lbs... Let me put that bottle in and your on ;)

DONE!!!!!!!! Your gonna eat me up outa the hole if you can hook................ Maybe I wont hook you up with a set of rims until after :cool:

Clamp the leaf spring in the rear. But I've heard of two different way to clamp them. Both 15-18" before or after the axle. I know someone on here must have done it. It's supposed to help with axle wrap and planting the rear end.

Why not a set of cal- tracks? Or some of the 4wd guys use a shackle on the X-member, and a traction bar? I think I am going to buy a set of cal tracks for now, but later on I want to possibly go to bags and a 4 link.......

if i was to buy anything id buy some assassin bars. theyre bad a** IMO... but clamping them is a cheaaap trick ;) its called hot rodding for a reason :jester: but buying the correct part is always the best bet. Thanks for the link POWELL always appreciated!

Just ordered some more peices to the puzzle last night. Debating if I should splurge on a udp or not.and also if I should buy just the ls2 chain or also buy the new gears to go with it and which oil pump to buy? Stock GM replacement?

No problem for the help and dinner, anytime Steve. I know I will be getting some help from you when I install my Pacesetters, and Kooks high flow cats. Hey Rich, Steve, you and I should go to the track in Fayetteville someday this spring when the weather is nice.