GI.SS 06 SS Build

GI.SS

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got some sort of idea of what the flow numbers :

This is for the set of LPE 317 heads I picked up they are similar to wcch stage 2 heads. just a tad light on the exhaust side.

They should be similar to this (depending on bore size, valves, etc)

Lift............Intake.........Exhaust

.200 153 120

.300 228 171

.400 276 205

.450 288 213

.500 294 220

.550 307 224

.600 314 225

As opposed to stock:

.100 64.8 53.3

.200 142.1 111.6

.300 204.3 146.8

.400 233.5 164.9

.500 250 174.2

.550 251.2 181.2

.600 253 184.4

I got these numbers from Richard @ WCCH Test bore = 4.030"

Exhaust tested without pipe.

I will be dropping these off at the machine shop in a week. Plan is pressure check, Mill .030" , clean, turn the valves $150. is there anything else I should have done while im at it? I felt this was a really good price. Picked up some ARP Rod bolts and head studs as well on the cheap. Cam specs will be as follows: 227/238 .614" / .615" 112+3 spec'd by Martin Smallwood @ Tick Performance

• 3 weeks later...

Found out who really specd cams for Martin. Called the man brian tooley up himself and this is what he sent me for a cam. Can't say enough about him. Hands down a super nice guy. Heck e called me at 8 pm returning my call so I could place my order! null_zps7c5a7b8f.jpg should be a fun build when all said and done...

• 1 month later...

After some thinking I decided to hang onto the truck. The other day I tore into her. Installed btr .660 platinum spring kit along with arp head studs. Let me tell you how long it takes to install head studs without yanking the heads going one by one. It takes forever! 293C8DDA-3443-4003-AFAC-51C560A5E7E1_zps

Did a little painting too. Also painted the valley cover this color as well. I also plan on painting the water pump and acc bracket but unsure what color yet. I have a black and blue theme.

D8E9BA22-F847-47E7-9F38-BC937870DFDF_zps

Cam should go in tomorrow. Then I'll be out in the woods training for a week. See how far I et tomorrow.

In sequence the steps I used were: remove original bolt, one at a time, in sequence . Then hand tight install stud with using moly lube (I used Lucas from oriellys). Then used lube on both sides of washer then installed nut. Torqued each one 30-50-70.

Ok I made some more progress. Got the rod bolts in which wasn't as bad as a job as I thought it was going to be. Removed one at a time, marking forward direction on cap. Removed rod cap and took out the sleeves inside. Installed arp rod bolts torquing to 45 ft lbs then backing off 3 times then rotating engine a few times then backing off and torquing one last time. Prolly over kill but oh well. I installed my cam finally! Ended up dropping two lifters in the process (go me!). Painted some Pieces and removed the heads so I can clean and re-install all lifters. Happy to have torn her apart and seeing just how clean she was with zero scoring. Makes me very confident. I'll prolly put finish the engine up next weekend. Also talked I Steve about my gauge cluster and he said it'll be done this week. Getting excited as tax time is almost here and the rest of my parts will be on order shortly! It was a great weekend and getting closer to running again.

• 2 weeks later...