GI.SS 06 SS Build

GI.SS

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I'm gonna get a new oil pump and timing chain since I'm in there. Still need to get a converter and meet up with rich to buy some of his throw-aways lol he's got a set of 60s for me. They're plenty overkill but rather have enough with tons of room to grow into. Phase 1 almost has all its parts. I'm dying to buy everything else just waiting on taxes! :(

• 4 weeks later...

well i came across a deal i couldnt pass up on. I straight stole these bare 243's off a guy on craigslist :jester: so add them to my list for the build. I really am trying to figure out which head gaskets to run with these heads. Im also about to buy a converter anyday just waiting for the right deal. heres the proof 4EC36A24-D0C6-40BA-951A-F0C360A69EB0-111 theyve already been pressure checked and checked for straightness. I will be using the valves and hardware from my 317's along with new seals and my comp springs.

Little Update: This morning I picked up a Vigilante 3600 single disc lockup converter :cool: no pics as it is in route but will as soon as it gets here! I have also decided to use ls7 lifters with new trays as well as the rocker arm trunion upgrade. Couple more little peices to the puzzle but it will be well worth it IMO. If anyone has any just let me know. Also looking for some flex fuel injectors or marine 42's...

Edited by GI.SS (see edit history)

So, i take it your going to stay all motor with some spray? Do you think with bumping the compression up you will have to run 93 and an octane booster? Have you thought about just running E85?

Just to warn you about the Marine 42# injectors. they were made from #42-#44 and you cant tell which is which as far as i know. Well that's what happened to me.

Compression won't be as high as to where pump gas isn't enough. I will have to run 93 but I do now anyway so that won't bother me.e85 just isn't as accessible to me. I will be going all motor with some spray. I was thinking of possibly running some Flex fuel injectors. I'm looking into my intake manifold options as well as my nitrous options pros and cons. Pretty much the reason I'm going with rpm performance is tat they have some of the fastest nitrous powered L's cars and trucks in the country and feel with them on board, their guidance will be best for results. But as of right now this truck is still a dd so I don't want to get too crazy but I'm hoping by the end of the year I can have the wife in a new car and something I can putt around in if need be. But things are coming along day by day

Thats frickin sick man! I was in the same boat you were not too long ago. Its gonna be fun! Looks like you're getting everything you need. Gonna be a beast! What are you planning on running for compression? 11:1?

Yea it' should be somewhere in the 10.8-11 to 1 range depending on which gasket I use. And somewhere around 8.5:1 dynamic which is around the limit so I should be fine and it should make good torque. I'm hoping this head cam combo wakes this truck up. By no means with bolt ons the truck isn't slow. I'm really hoping I can get deep into the 13's on this combo. Then once dialed in spray her

I went with a 10.5 CR (10.44 to be exact) and it pulls pretty well off boost. Ive only been up to 5psi and still no knock is registering on my % knock degree gauge. Sometimes it'll measure a degree or 2 when it downshifts, but quickly goes back to 0 as im accelerating. Havent been past 5psi as im still breaking in the motor (850mi on it). My calculations show that ill have a boosted compression ratio of 12.9 at max boost, so i will be spraying pure methanol starting at 3psi and max at 6-8psi to fight off preignition. Our fuel up here sucks and thats the only reason for spraying straight methanol. 90 octane is the best we can get! So with E85 you'll be set. I think 11:1 is a good NA CR and is gonna pull pretty hard. I think you'll make it into the mid to low 13s for sure. When you spray, itll be a monster.