GI.SS 06 SS Build

GI.SS

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

air is great here in the fall. super clean and low DA. I was looking into the assassin bars as they offer way more adjust-ability. I was also thinking of doing something shock wise. I am lowered 4" in the rear with shackle hanger and I feel as if my shocks are on too much of an angle and it doesnt allow them to load and unload properly. I am still running stock shocks all around as well. I have read mixed reviews on the adjustables. QA1's seem to be one of the best along with the rancho 9000's, every other adjustable seems to be junk. or should I just run the belltech sp's and call it a day?

• 1 month later...

little update on the build : on 8/19 (after only having my truck back for 2 weeks with the new setup) on the way to work I noticed my trans was running a little warm and it was not locking up in overdrive :censor: so I drop my truck back off at the shop to be fixed again. They tried a few things which nothing worked so trans came back out and back to the trans builder (all under warranty :thumbsup: ) bad thing is today I still do not have my truck and am very very frustrated. I only have had my truck for 2 weeks out of this summer and have spent $4000 plus all my payments and insurance and have not even HAD IT. I call once a week since the shop never seems to call me with any updates to keep my hope alive or to explain WTH is taking so long once again. Every time I call, I get the same guy and he never can seem to give me a straight answer and always tells me "hes not sure, let me check with ...." and never calls back. I am very frustrated. The work done is top notch, customer service, not so hot. They are one of the best in the business and are highly recommended. I do not understand why I am the lucky one to fall short on. ANYWAY rant over. I have called and made arrangements with another shop to begin spec'ing me a new setup, whenever I get my truck back finally buttoned up. I ordered all necessary gaskets and arp bolts to do my cam swap.Cal Trac bars will be ordered monday or tuesday. And I think I found a lead on some 28 10.5 15 M/T ET streets to use.I am not sure if I will be running the cam I have or not. I am waiting on what this new shop says. They want me to go with something bigger and tailored a little more towards nitrous which will be coming in the springtime. Life Personally has changed a bit as well. Birth of my 2nd daughter on 8/29 Arianna Saige, beautiful and healthy. Buying and moving into our first house as well. Without them and all the craziness lately, I would be much more upset about the truck. But they have kept me occupied. Goals as of right now are to break into the 12's with untouched heads this fall with some cool air. (Its still 90+ everyday) I need a little SS support to keep my sanity.

Sounds Exactly like my luck. Anything what so ever having to do with this truck is a F ing nitemare. Chevy can't even get the break pads right. 3rd brake light came in wrong yr. pieces to my grill came in bent wrong. Cam swap took forever then truck didn't shift right an. Didn't start half the time. 2 yr old brake rotors failed cracked to hell. Took 4 moths to get my engine covers back from being done. This list can go on and on. Hopefully it works out for ya. Congrats on the new baby n house. I feel yr Pain.

• 2 weeks later...

little update: Got the truck back friday. Runs very strong but it is on a stock converter while yank builds me a new one. Apparently the trans fluid was getting contaminated by antifreeze. pressure tested the radiator but it held. Just bypassed it and havent had an issue yet. I put on my Caltracs I had ordered up and what a heck of a difference. Best money I spent in a while. She plants and rolls out. I will be selling my current cam and springs and running a custom grind with a large split. Pics tonight!

• 2 weeks later...

you can barely even see that they are on there. Cornering is so much better now also. Way better than any sway bar could do. I just couldnt believe how well they work! best mod I have so far hands down

Where did you order the caltracks from and for how much? I'm interested to see what kind of 60' you can pull now.

For everyone's humour, when I was typing "caltrack" on my iPad it would auto correct it to "call taco". Made my morning!

Pics of the truck look awesome bud!

I thought you had the 40k cooler. How was it getting antifreeze in it if you don't mind me asking? Sent from my PantechP8010 using Tapatalk 2

I do have the 40K the way I had it setup was initially going threw the radiator cooler then to the 40K and back to trans. Pretty much how they had it set up from the factory. 40k just piggy backing. Now I have it so its a contained unit. Trans to 40k and back to trans. Much better IMO and temps are cooler as well. Normal city driving it barely gets to 140F* after an hr and a half drive threw the mountains it was only 150F* where as before it would be 175F*-ish....

Where did you order the caltracks from and for how much? I'm interested to see what kind of 60' you can pull now.

For everyone's humour, when I was typing "caltrack" on my iPad it would auto correct it to "call taco". Made my morning!

Pics of the truck look awesome bud!

Got the Caltracs from JL Fabrication in VA. They were one of the only ones who would give me a military discount. Paid $362 shipped to my house. They were drop shipped from Caltrac out in Ca. I thought it would take 2 weeks to get to me, Had them suckers 3 days after I placed the order. The phone number for them is 1-800-296-9844. Best price I could find. I can garuntee my 60' went down. Its hard to judge how much but she hooks up right now. In their directions it states to only tighten a quarter turn. I felt than an extra quarter worked better on the street. At the track I do not know yet as Im stil waiting on a weather break. Been rainy and nasty all week.

Still rainy and nasty. Was gonna go Sunday but talladega is on. Picked me up a set of lingenfelter 317 ported heads. Plan is to mill them .030 run a stock gasket and run head studs with brian tooley platinum springs. Cam will be a custom grind 227/237 with under .620 lift on a 112+3. My converter got back from yank on Friday after being freshened. Gonna run the ls7 lifters and do the trunion upgrade as well. Install got pushed back but I couldn't pass on the deal with the heads. Hope to put down 400 to the wheels and run in the 12's.