Look what I did! My build

gcosse05

Yea I should have did that a while back. When I first got the truck, I had to cut cats bc one was clogged. Then I put headers on and had to cut again, then when I did my build I had to cut again lol. My exhaust guy loves me

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

The tranny is easy, just pull the crossmember and transfer then remove the mid pipe and starter to get to the tourqe converter bolts then lower the tranny to get the top bolts with really long extensions. Not a hard job if u have a lift anyways.

I dont think changing the chain is gonna be too tuff.. I will change it. Thanks Johnny. Tell me more about this "pump" kit? Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you G. Been away for a while. Check out this link for the Sonnax pump kit;

http://www.sonnax.com/parts/1694

I dont think changing the chain is gonna be too tuff.. I will change it. Thanks Johnny. Tell me more about this "pump" kit? Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you G. Been away for a while. Check out this link for the Sonnax pump kit;

http://www.sonnax.com/parts/1694

Hey that is pretty cool! I wonder why GM made it like that.. where it can be worn so easy.. im going to do this as well when I pull the case. Thanks Johnny.

Edited by gcosse05 (see edit history)

Hey that is pretty cool! I wonder why GM made it like that.. where it can be worn so easy.. im going to do this as well when I pull the case. Thanks Johnny.

You're welcome. Keep us posted on how the T-case rebuild goes.

Found this old thread you may be interested in. http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/69278-bulletproof-nv149-rebuild/ Their talking about an upgrade for the input shaft.

I have not done this job, but have heard that there is a snap ring that can be troublesome to remove. I found a link to a special pair of snap ring pliers to deal with it but am not having any luck finding it right now. I'll keep looking for it and post a link if I find it.

• 2 weeks later...

Wats up guys!? Just an update. I've got my transmission, I've got my converter, and I'm looking to order flywheel, trans cooler, rear main crank seal, and transfer case chain. It's all coming together! Since I'm PCV'less, I'm about to tap both valve covers and run stainless AN hoses to a vent canister to stop the pressure in my covers. Truck is running great. Hope y'all guys had a great new year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so here's where I'm at. I've got EVERYTHING to do my trans install THE RIGHT WAY and get that goin. But, I have read for hours about the transfer cases. My dash has 176k on it. My mechanic says the transfer case looks newer. But I don't know that so, I want to rebuild it while I do the trans swap. So I'm tired of reading, can someone please help me with what I need to replace other than the chain and the updated clip from GM to keep the pump from eating into the case? Much much appreciated guys.

Btw: ordered my stall from PI on Friday the 10th, and was told it would be a week out to build. We'll it was delivered today lol. I had to call PI and thank them. I was impressed with that.

Wats up guys!? Just an update. I've got my transmission, I've got my converter, and I'm looking to order flywheel, trans cooler, rear main crank seal, and transfer case chain. It's all coming together! Since I'm PCV'less, I'm about to tap both valve covers and run stainless AN hoses to a vent canister to stop the pressure in my covers. Truck is running great. Hope y'all guys had a great new year.

So you don't have one hosed hooked up to a vacuum source?

So you don't have one hosed hooked up to a vacuum source?

No sir. From my hours and hours of reading countless forums and stories, from what I gather, the only big advantage of having it hooked to vaccum vs. venting to atmosphere is being able to "pull" nasty gasses out of the case instead of making them find their own way out... Which leads to shorter oil life. My oil is changed every 2000 miles since the build being as I have an intention in the floorboard behind the gas pedal. I COULD BE TERRIBLY WRONG, and my pressure is barely noticeable coming out of a 1/16" hole drilled in my oil cap, but I just couldn't see where it would be harmful just to let it vent to atmosphere. I have aftermarket valve covers that do not have pcv attachments. Now sure, I could make them... But figured I would be just fine letting it vent just as I've seen a lot of other people do on numerous forums with LS engines, and 6.0 iron blocks.

Edited by gcosse05 (see edit history)