Look what I did! My build

gcosse05

grinded them bigtime. I'm getting pretty good with a dremel lol. The driver side still needs a lil help.. its almost like the cover doesn't fit the head right or something. On exhaust side with the cover mounted, I can feel the valve cover seal on the exhaust side of the head half way off the head. Like the cover should be sitting closer to intake side, but o well. That's the least of my worries right now. Yea man its just that everytime I come home I plan to be getting closer and closer to being finished. You know, to that point where i can just jump in it and drive it anytine i get ready.Instead I'm going backwards. This is the 3rd TPIS body thats failed. Whats wierd is i drive it last time i was home and it ran ok.... i dunno man. So now TPIS is sending me my money for their services back, and a brand new ls2 style 90mm core. Ill probably just bolt on the 90mm for the sake of easy tuning and just get it running so I can work on other things like tranny, stall, etc.. the money I paid for tpis to build that tb is enough to buy a Nick Williams outright. I may do that later.

I guess that as long as the covers don't leak it's all good huh? Wonder if they were made for stocker heads and the new ones are a little different?

I figure that you've got to be ready to have this project done and "turn key ready".

Here's hoping the Nick W fixes it up and you don't have X-link troubles. Has TPIS told you that they aren't finding problems with the ones you've sent back?

No TPIS has found problems with both of the others I sent back. Those wouldn't even let me drive the truck. This one would for a while

That sure doesn't sound too good on them, does it?

The N.W. doesn't have to do too much to beat that.

I need a throttle body to do two things... open when I want, and close when I want lol. That's it

I need a throttle body to do two things... open when I want, and close when I want lol. That's it

That's about it. Doesn't seem like it ought to be that tough. :jester:

yep. I'm goin pull that valve cover off right now. Ill get pics for ya