Look what I did! My build

gcosse05

• 2 weeks later...

Took the truck on a 150mile trip one way last weekend. Ran good!! No complaints whatsoever! Annnddddd, I raced someone. Now, before you guys bash me, let me say I have video and will upload it as soon as I figire out how.. I WHIPPED THE SHIT out of a tuned 2011 Camaro SS. I was excited. I wound up getting my money back from TPIS and going with the stock 90mm LS2 car style throttle body. Much happier. And I put efans on! Nelson performance harness is nice. Just wanted to give yall an update. I'm on the fence about a built 60 or just doing an 80 swap. So that's where I stand to finish my build.. for now ;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

do you plan on taking your build any further power wise than where you are at now? if not, i would probably run a built 60 but if you plan on anything else personally I would do the 80
and see, everyone has different views. I've heard so many diff things. I do plan to go 408 next year, possibly with a charger.. but that may not happen. Yall know how those kinda plans go. I do plan on a 150 shot soon, and this for sure will happen.. I wish I knew that a built 60 would hold up. I DO NOT want to do the 80 swap. But don't want to dump money in this 60 and then it fails. There's ppl that clain they can build a 60 to hold 1000hp... until you tell them its goin in a 5500lb AWD truck..

Decided on Rossler Terminator 3 tranny. He says it should be fine. Gonna get that, and my stall on order next week. I guess I need to go ahead and do my research on the tru-cool max tranny cooler too. And I'm definitely gonna have to buy another alternator. Mine hates the E-fans. Easily fixable tho right? Just whip out the ole wallet, problem solved lol. As some of you may have read in my other posts.. I work on an oil and gas producing platform in the gulf of mexico. I am employed by a contract company, but got huge news yesterday that I will be hired with the company directly next week, and I was offered a very very generous amount of money. Literally double what I'm making now. So with that being said... let the modding co tinue lol. I will spare no cost on this truck. Goals are to drive it to take my girl out, stop at the track on the way home, run a low 12 with an awd burnout in the pre stage, and drive it home. How's that sound?

Congratulations on the job upgrade. :cheers:

:pop: Looking forward to seeing future mods and the 4 wheel burnout video.

Thanks! Yea man its on now lol.

Anybody care to share some Rossler info? Like em? Don't like em? Term. 3? Broke one before? Had good luck?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Man yall really think so? 11's would be AWESOME. My stall is here. Vigilante 9.5" triple disc 3200-3400. I decided to leave the 80 alone and sold it back to the builder. Hes building me a 65 and he says he believes it will hold with what he's putting in it. If not, promised me an absolutely smoking deal on an 80. I'm cool with that. Truck is running good! No problems at all, no codes. Only issue i have is when i first crank it up, hot or cold, it revs real high (2500-3000rpm) for about 4 seconds, then it comes down. But it runs great. I've eaten a 2011 camaro ss with cai and exhaust, a stock mustang gt, and a stock srt10 ram. That ram is doing a cam swap right now. I shall be prepared! I cannot lose to this guy. Yall please help me pick a nitrous kit. Wet? Dry? Schrader valve for wet kit?

Wet on a plate with a standalone fuel system is the way to go! Crank her up and let her chew
I need to research the stand alone fuel system. I'm thinking 100 shot to start.

Edited by gcosse05 (see edit history)