Look what I did! My build

gcosse05

Sounds like slight grinding on the arms is "normal" but I understand not wanting to do that.... From the pics it seems like grinding at an angle could work. Like not the edge where the seal is but grinding at an angle .... I drew some fabulous artwork, I'll try to upload in a but, in a bad spot for wifi2uzyhudy.jpg

Yea I'd really rather not grind on the arms or mess with different pushrods. My geometry is perfect. I don't think different length pushrods would help anyway. It will just change what part of the rocker is hitting. Thanks a lot for the diagram, you're an artist lol. I have drawn one myself. After looking at my pics, sms if I just take that "lip", or flange completely off off, I MAY be ok. Ill be home wednesday and I'm gonna jump straight on it. Ill upload pics immedieately after pulling the covers before any grinding is done. Thanks again.

post-25370-138057929771_thumb.jpg

Nope, it's actually folded like that. I'm gonna chop till I can't chop no more this time. No more grind a little bit and try again. I'm pretty close to the max I can take off as far as grinding.. but this time, that lip is coming off. Ill post back tomorrow. I'm working nights amd ill probably be dead when u get off the helicopter tomorrow, but I shall drink redbull till the wings grow and the valve covers are fixed

Gonna make a very long story very short.

Valve covers fixed.

Reduced engine power.

TPIS sending me my money back.

Stock LS2 car style throttle body for sale new.

Nick Williams coming next week.

Tuning sucks.

Sure hope the Nick Williams works out better. I know your ready to get beyond this hurdle.

It's gotta be frustrating working far away from home and the truck and having limited time to work on it.

How did you solve the problem with the valve covers?

grinded them bigtime. I'm getting pretty good with a dremel lol. The driver side still needs a lil help.. its almost like the cover doesn't fit the head right or something. On exhaust side with the cover mounted, I can feel the valve cover seal on the exhaust side of the head half way off the head. Like the cover should be sitting closer to intake side, but o well. That's the least of my worries right now. Yea man its just that everytime I come home I plan to be getting closer and closer to being finished. You know, to that point where i can just jump in it and drive it anytine i get ready.Instead I'm going backwards. This is the 3rd TPIS body thats failed. Whats wierd is i drive it last time i was home and it ran ok.... i dunno man. So now TPIS is sending me my money for their services back, and a brand new ls2 style 90mm core. Ill probably just bolt on the 90mm for the sake of easy tuning and just get it running so I can work on other things like tranny, stall, etc.. the money I paid for tpis to build that tb is enough to buy a Nick Williams outright. I may do that later.

good to hear on the valve covers!!! any pics taken when finished? i was waiting to see how your turned out to tackle mine
I have to pull the driver side back off. Ill get some pics when I do so

just a heads up, even with the stock 90mm tb, the x link still throws a reduced engine power code every once in a while. Not enough to worry, just clear codes and shes good to go again. IDK if its only mine that does it or what?