Look what I did! My build

gcosse05

Then thats why your truck feels like a dog down low. You need a good converter so you can take advantage of your power band.

Again, just what Art said. Think around 3600 minimum for good times, any 3000+ converter will work, but that cam is going to want to be on the higher side.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Ok, so got my computer back from zippy for the 3nd time since the build. Working on idle stuff. Idles good until I put it in gear and take off, it will hold itself at 60mph on hwy. Zippy retuned it once and not quite right yet. That's what I'm working on. I've yet to drive it.

Found a VERY VERY SMALL vaccum leak where the fuel pressure regulator tubes to the manifold. Fixed that, didn't do much for idle for it was sooo little. I did drive it last night. Its running good, just need trans and stall now. Coming soon!

So are you happy after all your hard work?
to be honest, the most pleasure I've got out of it yet is the sound. People coming up to me at the gas station asking about it. I won't be able to tell what I have until I get converter and trans. Its honestly not much more spiffy than stock as of now. Higher rpm there's a noticeable difference, but low end, she's still the same.

Guys, I need help. My valve covers are killin me!! Ok, The pushrod side of the rocker arm is hitting the SIDE of the valve cover.. right at the bottom where the cover seats to the head on intake side. I have 7.5" pushrods and the geometry of the rocker is perfect. Sitting on the valve stem just like i need it to. I have grinded the side of the cover, or the "flange" as I believe its called, just about to the seal. Cant grind any more on the side of the cover. I refuse to grind on the rocker arm. I paid too much money for em. Seems like the front and back cylinders of each bank are the ones that are really hitting, however that makes sense. The valve covers are Mr. Gasket 2" aluminum. I had to buy them because the stock covers were no where close to fitting. The rockers are YellaTerra 1.8 Part# YT 6639. And ofcourse the heads are TrickFlow 225's. A valve cover spacer is not what i need. Im not having height issues. Any ideas? I did read that the part number of my rockers is for "LS1 style" engines. Shouldnt be any different right? This is the part number Zippy told me to get. IDK what to do. Its rubbing bad enough to actually see the cover moving on the head. I dont want to continue to drive it like this so its in the shed until i figure it out.

i wish i could help you more here but i havent tried to reinstall mine since we takled about that issue. i have stock rockers and had that hitting problem. only on one side though. i was thinking about some sort of set up like the stock covers. stock ones have the small lip on the bottom that holds the cover in place perfectly well you bolt it down. maybe something to do the same on those so they are lined up absolutely perfect. can u move the cover around by hand and get it to a ideal spot? im assuming were talking about those tall aluminum ones still, correct?

Here's the forst time I grinded the covers. And you can see that they are rubbing still. I have grinded 2 more times since this pic. I can't grind anymore. I'm almost to the groove that the rubber seal sits in. post-25370-137981294891_thumb.jpgpost-25370-13798129611_thumb.jpg

in this pic, you can see where the rockers sit in the head driver side:

post-25370-137981301583_thumb.jpg

And pass side:post-25370-137981305873_thumb.jpg

Edited by gcosse05 (see edit history)