Look what I did! My build

gcosse05

Going to go like hell when you get her done!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

man I sure hope so. I'm pretty excited about it. This is my 2nd SS but my 3rd 6.0 and I've always wanted to build one. I guess when I get done with all this, a built tranny will be next. If the stock internals don't hold up that is... fingers crossed.

Made another order with Colorado Speed. My SSS has 167,000 miles on the odometer but previous owner CLAIMS they put a new motor in it 40K ago. Not sure if thats true or not so went ahead and got all this stuff to freshen up the valvetrain. I do know for a fact that the compression and leak down test were good so no issues there.

lifter kit

Lifter guides

Head bolt kit

Crank bolt

Timing chain

Water pump gasket

Trying to go all fresh on this build guys. So I ordered this stuff. Heck ill be in there might as well change it. Once again, cam and heads to be ordered Monday or Tuesday. Stay tuned!

Edited by gcosse05 (see edit history)

Them heads are gonna be oh so sweet
I hope so man. I've been dealing with Zippy this whole build and I tell ya, at first, I almost went PRC 5.3 stg2.5 heads but zippy has talked to me into the trick flow 225's. Oh what the hell right? They're only twice the cost

Edited by gcosse05 (see edit history)

Engine bay looks great as well as the interior man. About those tric flows..what kinda of compression are u gonna see from those...u should be looking into a Tranny after all the stress ur about to put on her tho lol. Didn't see if your awd or rwd.?

Engine bay looks great as well as the interior man. About those tric flows..what kinda of compression are u gonna see from those...u should be looking into a Tranny after all the stress ur about to put on her tho lol. Didn't see if your awd or rwd.?
well unfortunately, I won't be able to keep my engine covers after the head and intake install so those will be for sale. Gonna get a new intake too. I am AWD. yea ill be looking into a tranny after the motor is done. Not sure on the compression, but TrickFlow's website says retains stock conpression on an LS2. So I assume whatever the compression would be going fron our stock heads to an LS2 head is what ill have.

Thanks man. I'm in the gulf of mexico at work right now.. working nights. Hard to keep up with/make all these orders when you are awake opposite of everyone else lol. I know I've probably drove zippy half nuts by now.

Thanks man. I'm in the gulf of mexico at work right now.. working nights. Hard to keep up with/make all these orders when you are awake opposite of everyone else lol. I know I've probably drove zippy half nuts by now.

i didn't think about that, I bet your right lol.