Look what I did! My build

gcosse05

What is wrong with the KUP system? You do know that the bracket and lines weren't meant for the LSXRT intake right? The fittings should be easy to find bit I don't know what you need. And hoses are the same way.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

What did you pay for the tpis 102mm tb?
$225 for car style LS2 core from Scoggin Dickey, shipped to TPIS, and $602 for them to build it and ship it. So $827. Sucks I know, but I've heatd and read a lot of negative about the Nick Williams bodies. Wether its true or not IDK.

Edited by gcosse05 (see edit history)

What is wrong with the KUP system? You do know that the bracket and lines weren't meant for the LSXRT intake right? The fittings should be easy to find bit I don't know what you need. And hoses are the same way.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

I didn't know it wouldn't fit the RT manifold. I included a note in payment stating What I had. All the hoses were too short so another $80 at NAPA to have hoses made. Then 3 of the 8 AN fittings are messed up and leaking. I emailed asking if I could buy the fittings I needed to replace and I'm having complete hell with this guy. Being as nice as I can and he's being difficult. Wont even go about telling me how to get the fittings I need from him, and has offered no support in making it right. The most sympathetic thing I've heard from him was when he seen the pic of my motor and seen I had an RT manifold. He says "oops". Really pissed me off when he said "ill be back in the shop friday, i dint always answer the phone but its worth a shot" As soon as I find the fittings elsewhere so that I don't need him anymore, I'm gonna tell him exactly how I feel

Edited by gcosse05 (see edit history)

Word of advice... When assembling NPT fittings use the liquid Teflon sealer. When assembling any Aluminum fittings especially AN fittings always use anti-seize!

The fittings that go into the cylinder head are these stem vent blocks

http://www.alpermotorsports.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=262

The fittings that go into the steam vent blocks are these

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-220446b/overview/

The fittings that go into the KUP distribution block are these.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fra-495125-bl/overview/

Anything else let me know.

Edited by Sprayed99 (see edit history)

Word of advice... When assembling NPT fittings use the liquid Teflon sealer. When assembling any Aluminum fittings especially AN fittings always use anti-seize!

The fittings that go into the cylinder head are these stem vent blocks

http://www.alpermotorsports.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=262

The fittings that go into the steam vent blocks are these

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-220446b/overview/

The fittings that go into the KUP distribution block are these.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fra-495125-bl/overview/

Anything else let me know.

I found all of them on summit. Actually, when i got the message that you had commented on my post, thats what i was doing lol. I really apprecieate it man. Hopefully when i get home from work, Ill have everything i need to get er done. Talked to TPIS today, My threootle body is apart, gonna fix it and put back together tomorrow and send back to me. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

I got home from work yesterday, and found my throttle body had returned from being repaired at TPIS.... all excited, I went to the shop, plugged it up and bolted it on. Now.... when the throttle body origionally messed up on me, the truck would throw REP codes as soon as I turn the key on, and would not run. TPIS said they did find a problem with it. So after re-installing it yesterday, I turn the key on, no codes, and throttle body moves by pedal command. Start the truck, fires right up, and idles really high for a while, probably about 20 seconds at 4k rpm. Wierd, but understandable being as its new and the tune is new. Maybe doing an idle learn, it slows down to idle afterwards, but Give it gas and it tries to die..So then suddenly the REP code come back, and throttle body shuts, and the throttle body motor makes all kind of grinding sounds that it didnt make before. Now it won't run at all. Throttle body screwed up worse than before. Called Jim at TPIS and he's sending me a whole new one today. (Used one that he says he knows works, i will discuss the $ sitiation with him later). He apologized. My build has been done for almost 5 weeks and havent drove it yet because of throttle body. Kinda aggravating.

Side notes: when the truck is running and the throttle body closes, the entire front of the FAST LSXRT manifold tries to collapse under the vaccum of the engine. I mean it really really moves... kinda scared of that.

Also, my rocker arms are still hitting the inside edge of my valve covers. No more grinding I can do. Not sure what ill do about that just yet. New throttle body should be here tomorrow. Here's a crappy idle video of one of the times I did get it to run.

Scratch the vid... how do I upload a vid using taptalk?

Yeah i noticed the lsxrt manifold when the engine is reved the shell kinda compresses itself and contracts. I assume that rhs did their r&d to allow it to flex under load. I'll tell you one thing the lsxrt amplifies the valve train noise through its cone shap trumpet runners. Hope you get everything worked out.

Well, its all back together and running pretty good. I got another throttle body from tpis, finally one that works. I've got to send my tune back to zippy. Gotta work on my idle. Idle is iradic and tries to drive itself. And an AWD vehicle is really hard to stop when its in gear and holding itself at 3k rpm lol. It really isnt as fast as I thought it would be. Not even close. The power is late in the rpm range. It honestly doesn't have much more power in the bottom end than it did before. It is noticeably different in mid and top end but no where near what I thought it would be. Mayne ots my transmission who knows. Thays an update for now. Havent really put any miles on it. Gotta get my tune back then ill update again.