Look what I did! My build

gcosse05

Haha my fire wall heat pad looks the same way on the passenger side. All ripped up.. I should just take the whole damnt thing out. Looks like you're making progress. I also wanna know how everything feels when you're done! Nothing like a first test drive after a fresh new build! :peelout:

Yea lol, that insulation got tore up during the head swap. Its hideous. Im going to have to fix that soon. Main concern right now is get it running. So where i am right now...

Laying in my floor hahahah JKJK.

I got the DAMN OIL PUMP on and the pan all bolted back up. Got the timing gear on and got it timed. Got the timing cover cleaned, installed, sealed up, and torqued with a new crank seal in it. Got the harmonic balancer on, havent torqued it yet. I got the heads on with new studs and gaskets. Igot my YellaTerra rockers in place as well as my TrickFlow pushrods. Havent set them, waititng on a mechanic buddy for that one. I got my water temp sensor on front of drivers side head on. ( i think thats what it is) Got a plug that i found on the passenger side head close to fire wall right by exhaust manifold flange off the factory head, and installed in the new head with a little teflon tape and a dab of neverseez. I got the headers bolted up, also with neverseez on the studs. I did reuse the header gaskets. I just put them on about 2 months ago and read that they should be fine. I did have to cut the exhaust behind the headers. Its ok, makes it wayyy cooler when i first start it up in my shop. Got the spark plugs in also with a dab of neverseez. Got my valley cover cleaned up real good and pulled the seals out of it that seal off the pedestal that the knock sensor goes into. Gotta see if i can find some of them tomorrow. I have new knock sensors as well. I havent started installing the sensors from the OEM intake manifold over to the FAST manifold yet but i did look at it and it looks like it isnt going to be bad. I got my valve covers all cleaned up too. I had a very productive day. Gonna hit it again tomorrow and hopefully start it.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk 2

Ok, so check this out. Today is Wednesday. Late monday night I realized I needed the bracket kit to mount my fuel rails to the FAST intake. Piss me off already bc I wasnt told that I needed it when i origionally called comp asking questions about the install. Whatever.... So yesterday morning i called SUMMIT, which have been absolutely awesome people since i started the build. They told me that they did not have it in stock, that they were going to have to order it from comp directly, and that when an order is sub'd out like that it could take 3-5 business days to process the order. Not gonna work for me. So yesterday morning after i got off the phone with them, i called comp directly and i was told that there was 18 kits in stock at the comp warehouse in Memphis, Tn. Great, so i ordered it. $56 + $78 for overnight shipping. Said it was coming FedEx, which is great because FedEx delivers here at like 10am where UPSisnt until after 6pm. Well i seen the FedEx truck pass this morning and didnt stop. So i called comp for tracking number just a second ago, and they couldnt find where i ever placed an order. Searched my name, phone number, and address. So, I asked, OK now what. Comp was not willing to do any kind of discount or help even tho they messed up. Looked at my card statement online, they did not charge me for it. So basically i lost a whole day. I had to re-order it and it will be here tomorrow. Guys, water pump is on, rockers are set, valve covers and coils on, all i need is the damn bracket kit to put fuel rails on intake, put oil and water in it, and i can start it. Im beyond furious right now. Never again will i deal with COMP, or FASTdirectly.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk 2